My 5th agency in my career, and it's the best decision I've ever made.

Current Employee - Art Director  in  Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Art Director in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Huge

Pros

Working at HUGE not only looks great on your resume, but they give you the projects you want. The structure from a general overview is standard: Partners -> Senior Management -> Leads -> Associates. Where the company shines in structure is per project. It is a creatively driven company where creative almost trumps every decision internally (for better, or worse).

Art directors are powerful managers within a project and represent HUGE better so then almost anyone else on the team (again, for better or worse). Leading teams and projects are easy because of the friendly and respectful, laid back environment. It has the feel of a smaller, nimble agency, with the backbone of a much larger beast.

The partners are friendly and approachable, and have adopted a standard of "extreme transparency". There are hardly any politics and b.s. and in the end, your questions are answered if one exists, and if it doesn't, a genuine "I don't know" suffices. Any and all issues are held and discussed together as a company (awesome for an agency that tops over 300+ employees world wide). The operations team is probably the best in the industry and keeps this well oiled machine running at optimal efficiency.

Talent is often noticed and no idea is a bad idea. Compensation is fair, and raises are the norm. Benefits are decent, and the projects to pick from are plentiful.

Bravo HUGE. For once, I really feel like the agency I work for is fighting for me and on my side, rather than banding together with my co-workers to complain about "working for the man".

Cons

Because of the company's large nature, sometimes people get over looked, especially the "vets". it is growing at an incredible rate, almost unthinkable in today's climate. There are literally new faces every week, and being able to learn and know everyone new is just not a priority for upper management (which is fine, I guess).

Sometimes it feels that the company is growing so fast and it makes me nervous whether or not it's too fast for its own good. Momentum has to stop some time, and I fear when it does, it may back fire.

There are a lot of dogs in the office. And often it smells. The actual work environment is so-so ... it's white walled, and hardly any color. Very minimal, and sometimes it works against your ability to get into a zone.

Hire an interior decorator and show some creativity with all these blank walls. Even if it's an internal project for all of us to decorate a piece of it. I look at Wieden + Kennedy's offices and their interior is so brilliant it makes me jealous.