Hughes Network
www.hughes.com Germantown, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Innovative and stable company ith plenty of work available.

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hughes Network full-time for more than 8 years

ProsManagement let's you try new technology and are very supportive. No layoffs, probably because a lot of junior engineers leave after 4 or 5 years. No cubicles for more privacy.

ConsTelecommuting is not allowed. Echo star has bought out Hughes. Everybody is worried about benefits becoming worse under Echostar. Promotions do not come easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and better pay the top junior programmers to retain them.

Top Technology and Great Co-Workers

Support Organization (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hughes Network full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very good benefits and conveniences, including on-site nurse and credit union. Top… Cons: Telecommuting not encouraged. More communication from Middle Management. Advice to Senior Management: More communication, specifically career development conversations Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best place to start career

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hughes Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great projects to learn cool technologies. Will get chance to work on different parts of… Cons: Some times you may get shuffled around too much to… Advice to Senior Management: Need to raise pay and recognize people for their effort. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hughes Network.

Worked for Hughes Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hughes Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hughes Network CEO Pradman P. Kaul. All reviews posted anonymously by Hughes Network employees.