Hughes Network

www.hughes.com

Pleasantly satisfied after many years.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Germantown, MD

ProsThe overall work environment and people are great. I have had a couple of opportunities here that I'm not sure would have been possible at other companies. My upper management is great as long as you get the job done they are not breathing down your neck or giving you busy work.

ConsI feel as though the benefits have degraded over the past couple of years. Especially now that we have been bought by Echostar. Compensation I feel is a little low, although it's not so bad that I'm out looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Start making a lot of changes and people tend to get uncomfortable and that's when they jump ship and you loose good folks.

Need to take better care of senior employees

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Hughes Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work life balance is good. Cons: Getting rid of older health plans in favor of a… Advice to Senior Management: Compensation needs to be better to retain senior employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wasn't so bad until the Echostar policies creeped in

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Hughes Network full-time for more than a year

Pros: No time clocks. Generally surrounded by bright people. High levels… Cons: Super slow to advance technologies. Still using WinXP, Oracle9i, and many other well dated technologies. Not much excuse for this. Way too slow to embrace… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to the original benefits. People might want to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hughes Network.

Worked for Hughes Network? Contribute to the Community!