Hulcher Services

www.hulcher.com

Like stepping into the Twilight Zone and finding yourself in the 50's era old south

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Pros

I honestly did enjoy some of the people I worked with, mainly people in the field. Got to keep all travel points.

Cons

Too many to list. Company is a walking contradiction. Upper management has no idea of what is going on. Truly a political environment, you are judged on rear kissing and throwing people under the bus is the company standard. If you have a family, and love them, don't take a job here. Minorities honestly don't get looked at as equal. I.E. I never met one in upper management, and believe me upper management is heavily staffed. Competition is steadily beating them because they refuse to embrace change.

Get rid of 90% of upper management, and hire people who know how to run a company in the 21st century.

Other reviews for Hulcher Services

Has its upsides - just not enough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Pros

Hulcher is excellent at many of the complex things it does. No one is better at handling railroad emergencies than Hulcher, and they have the marketshare to prove it. This place will teach you about emergency response in ways that you didn't think possible. I liked most of the field people that I worked with.

Cons

This is a very divided company. Upper management is out of touch with the rest of the company and they are very petty. I watched people fall from favor and the upper management... wow, they just go out of their way to humiliate people. It is completely childish the way they behave. The company has many highlights, but it is the very worst upper management I have ever dealt with. And it comes from the very top.

Hours are tough. This is the nature of the beast.

You have to brown-nose just to survive. Stroking the ego of the bosses and shifting blame should be on the job description for every new employee. lol.

There's not much to say that they will listen to. They are all inbred in the company, with little experience from other companies, so they think the culture here is normal. If you managed to convince them about the widespread discontent among employees, they'd have a barbeque and think they solved it, rather than actually look at themselves. I can't even begin to think that they can change. I posted this more as a warning to people looking to work here.

It was an adventure.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Denton, TX

Pros

Compensation was very good. The benefits and human resources department were excellent.

Cons

24 Hour is very demanding. You had a lot of vacation, but it just made the work pile up. Many reports to keep up. 40 percent travel, nationwide.

I don't have any advice for management or the leadership. It seems they are doing well, continue to get quality work from the railroads, and don't have much competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Hulcher Services.

Worked for Hulcher Services? Contribute to the Community!