Great coworkers, questionable product and leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Hult International Business School

Pros

Very fun and diverse environment - the staff is on the young side and you will be surrounded by bright, enthusiastic, international graduate students.

Cons

Because Hult is a for-profit school, there is a definite emphasis on being asked to do more with less, so many positions are overworked and understaffed. There is also a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants mentality as opposed to long-term planning and vision; as a result, ideas pop out of nowhere and must be implemented with little regard to execution. This puts a lot of pressure on staff to deliver a quality product and meet students' expectations. As a result, many employees leave within two years.

Better communication between management and support staff would help deliver a stronger, more consistent product. Having a career development plan in place would also be very attractive.

Other Reviews for Hult International Business School

It is what YOU make it.

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Hult International Business School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having previously worked at much smaller companies, the culture and pace change was certainly a shock. Almost 3 years into my Hult career I can safely say it was a shock for the better. Hult has challenged me both professionally and socially, and as a result I can say with confidence that I tackle projects with a newfound "can-do, do it now" entrepreneurial attitude.
    I get to travel the perfect amount for my liking, and have had the opportunity to see some amazing places around the world. The London office is a beautiful place to work, with some amazing perks that are really appreciated by staff who are passionate about Hult and work hard.
    For me the friends, colleagues and new connections I have made through our staff, student, alumni and partner base is unparalleled and a huge benefit.

Cons

The Hult passion is infectious, and I find myself striving to succeed and working long hours, albeit voluntarily. It's important to find yourself a balance between work and play. It's a struggle and a learning curve reiterated by many young international career driven individuals today.

Hult has taught me 2 things, you work hard and great things can happen. And to manage your own time. No-one here will micro-manage you, its down to you to be as productive as you can.

Yes we are international, yes we work hard, yes we play hard, yes we are passionate. But all of this is what you make it.

full of disappointments and unjustice

Former Employee - Director of Recruiting  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Director of Recruiting in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Hult International Business School full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fun place and some fun people but good ones all have left
    lots of travels
    get to meet a lot of people and students
    get to work fully on our own

Cons

payment delays
    bonus miscalculated and dismissed unethically
    no HR and no training or development
    do not care about people
    only cares about making money from students so many lie about programs and opportunities

no comment

There are newer employer reviews for Hult International Business School.

Worked for Hult International Business School? Contribute to the Community!