Human Rights Campaign

www.hrc.org
  www.hrc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Human Rights Campaign

Good place to learn, not to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Human Rights Campaign full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work on key issues in the LGBT community and be a part of measurable change in state and federal work. HRC is a leader with strong funding ties, making it a very stable place to work. At HRC, there's a good opportunity for learning a set of varied skills outside of the immediate demands of the work.

Cons

Very corporate culture and a reputation for steamrolling other organizations that can make the internal politics of the broader coalition difficult to navigate. In some departments, there is no opportunity to move up either because of existing structure or a tendency to hire management from an external pool of applicants rather than from within.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Human Rights Campaign (View Most Recent)

Interning with HRC

I worked at Human Rights Campaign as an intern

Pros

I think the atmosphere at HRC is amazing. The people are really nice and there's no one with a superiority complex. We have a lot of help available to us as interns and people are always eager to answer any questions you have. You learn a lot about the LGBT movement and its history. The brownbag luncheons were really informative. They also feed you really great food!

Cons

The internship was unpaid and our travel stipends were really meager, which makes it a bit difficult to manage.

I know it may not be possible to pay interns, but please think about raising the amount you give interns for the travel stipend.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Human Rights Campaign as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great people, great atmosphere, helpful brownbag lunch series for interns

Cons

it sucks that the internships are unpaid

Great