There are newer employer reviews for HumanConcepts

If you're into hard work, this is your place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at HumanConcepts

Pros

Ability to learn new things
Employees encouraged to take on new projects

Cons

Expectations can be unreal at times
Employee acknowledgement could be more consistent
Too much turnover with senior staff

12 Other Employee Reviews for HumanConcepts (View Most Recent)

Great company, great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at HumanConcepts

Pros

Fast growing and fast paced environment. Market leader in the next big category in the HR space. Much opportunity for personal growth and learning, as well as career advancement. Culture is to promote from within. Respectful work environment and work life balance encouraged. Entrepeneurial culture. No beaurocracy.

Cons

Small company relative to Oracle, SAP, Successfactors. Requires individual initiative. You are not going to be overmanaged here. Not the place for people who dont like change.

Communicate plans more. More feedback on individual performance would be nice.

I can't recommend HC since there are so many negatives, but...

Former Employee - Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Sausalito, CA

I worked at HumanConcepts

Pros

Because I was doing the work of 3 positions, I gained some great experience. While I did not get the deserved promotion at HC (that would have been more $$$ for my dept), I did receive a significant promotion with my next company. I was definitely able to advance my career because of all the extra duties that I had to take on at HC.
    The location is nice, especially if you live in Marin.
    I did work inpendently (my mgr was too busy to pay attention to me) and was given autonomy within my dept.
    I want to acknowledge the friendly environment among the employees and the committed and hard working people there.

Cons

Confusing objectives which change weekly.
    Completely unrealistic expectations and deadlines for employees who are already doing the work of 3 people.
    Understaffed, underpaid.
    High burn out due to ridiculous work loads; high turnover due to disastified employees; frequent 'layoffs' by mgmt to keep staff salaries down.
    Communication among depts is poor.
    Mgmt does not care about employees needs related to benefits, additional staffing, basic workplace functionality (people are squished together and no consideration of ergonomics), or much else.

The CEO/owner only cares about the bottom line (and certainly not about the employees). He's too busy figuring out how to squeeze every dollar out of the business for his next international vacation.

There are newer employer reviews for HumanConcepts