Humana

www.humana.com
  www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Salary is low compared to industry standard, but was an overall ok place to work

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Business Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

-Flexible schedules
-Benefit packages
-Wellness incentives
-Onsite health clinics
-Resources
-Cutting edge of technology

Cons

-Hard to take PTO
-Salary was low compared to market standard
-Little interaction with leadership unless negative feedback

Appreciate your people more and let them take time off. You give us 4 weeks PTO and we aren't allowed to use it unless we call in sick.

770 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Working hard and time served seems to fade away in minds of upper management because of constant change in people.

Current Employee - Consultant, Business Process/Management in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Consultant, Business Process/Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Humana can become family and they pay can be great until you max out as they say. We don't max out the amount we contribute so pay shouldn't max out. The bonus the last two years as been great and has been all some senior employees have received.

Cons

Max out on not enough respect for the years and work from some emplyees. Too many people hired from outside. Associates are working hard and long trying to finish there education but are passed over for outside people.

Look more inside for the talent that has helped the company grow and be profitable.

Humana is a good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Humana

Pros

the sales compensation was competitive, benefits were good, local leadership was good. Most of the employees are true contributors to the team. Training and learning opportunities are abundant.

Cons

management is not always in touch with reality as it relates to their specific markets. goal setting is done at the cororate level and market trends are not always considered when making goal adjustments.

Get the products and processes right before you roll the products out to the marketplace. Brokers do not want to be the first ones to sell something that is not tested and proven. when the few risk taking brokers DO go out on a limb to sell the products, give them the support they need with the process fails and they look stupid in front of their clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana