Humana

www.humana.com
  www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Humana is a good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Humana

Pros

the sales compensation was competitive, benefits were good, local leadership was good. Most of the employees are true contributors to the team. Training and learning opportunities are abundant.

Cons

management is not always in touch with reality as it relates to their specific markets. goal setting is done at the cororate level and market trends are not always considered when making goal adjustments.

Get the products and processes right before you roll the products out to the marketplace. Brokers do not want to be the first ones to sell something that is not tested and proven. when the few risk taking brokers DO go out on a limb to sell the products, give them the support they need with the process fails and they look stupid in front of their clients.

778 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Frontline Leader in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Frontline Leader in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Tools for learning, 401k match, training, growth opportunity, professional development, vacation allowance, employee value, average pay, excellent work environment, good mesh with co-workers

Cons

Medical benefits could be a bit better, but they are getting worse everywhere. Spread throughout the country, so to move up, it may require a move

Decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana

Pros

Fliexible schedule, operated primarily on my own. No "clock punching", everything was based on my performance and value, not the hours I worked.

Cons

Too corporate. They are a very large, slow moving company. Software changes go through an unreal process and new software development changes are not implemented by the development team, but by an implementation team who has no idea about the software.

None