Humana

www.humana.com
  www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Humana has been Very Good to Me !!!

Current Employee - Case Manager RN in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Case Manager RN in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Humana

Pros

You start off with 3 weeks vacation and you do not have to accure this time. There is very good remote IT Support. I have a wonderful Frontline Leader and Project Manager !!!!!

Cons

They recent;y changed their insurance package to it's employees and it was better before.

Please go back to the previous insurance benefit package offered prior to MOCHA 2008. Also, I think it would be much better to have ALL the Regional Summits in Loiuseville, KY. There would be a greater benefit in feeling connected to the Headquarters as opposed to the Regional division.

775 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Good Company Needs to Redesign Promotion/Compensation/Recognition/Feedback

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

This company has excellent health benefits and it leading edge when it comes to keeping down members health insurance costs. This company is very innovative. This company makes a huge difference in the community especially the Humana Foundation. It has a lot of growth opportunity and could really be one of the biggest health insurance companies around, especially one that people want to do business with. They do recruit good talent and I've never worked with someone I really didn't like. Most employees are friendly. Within departments, there is a lot of teamwork. I think this company could really go somewhere.

Cons

This company does not promote within well and they certainly don't compensate their best performers well. There have been many times when I know an external candidate would get offered a far greater amount of money than what they have offered the internal candidate. Some management has a hard time communicating and making you feel good about your job. They don't fire people when they need to. There is a lack of communication and team work between departments and you often feel like you don't know who to go to for something. There date resources could be better and more technological.

Spend more time on top down initiatives on making your employees feel the importance of their job.

Eight hours of no work is supposedly better than a few hours of hard work.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Humana is the largest employer in the Louisville area. If you would like to have a fairly normal schedule and move up in a large organization then Humana is a good place. If you put in your time, you will be moved up and compensated nicely.

Cons

There is very little recognition for talent. As a talented young person, it will probably be difficult to remain at Humana for an extended period of time. My skill level passes my compensation in every new venture, and it there is very little mobility withing each department. In order to move up and get compensated for your ability, you must move and find another department in the company.

Be more results oriented. There is still a feeling of resistance in many levels of management to moving towards results. Many mid level managers are more concerned with punching their 8-5 clock than improving the company's bottom line. You must recognize young talent before it takes you for a little experience and then takes the talent elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana