Great place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Doral, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Doral, FL

I worked at Humana

Pros

The great benefits and managemnet support.

Cons

They are new in the Financial Services

reviews filtered by

Good place to work

Current Employee - Manager UM in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Manager UM in Miami, FL

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Good benefits, nice enviroment, opportities of promotion

Cons

Management and HR department, should focus a little more in employee welfare

Advice to Management

Focus on employees

2. Great if you don't have a family... or a life...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

The compensation for the work is good.

Cons

I was hired on to work a 40 hour week, Monday thru Friday about 8 months ago and I thought, "well, this will be great, I have a new baby on the way so i will get to be home with my family on the weekends". After I completed training they set me up to work an additional 5 hours of mandatory overtime. That wasn't so bad... who couldn't use a little extra cash?

Then my daughter was born and the 3 weeks paternity leave that I was promised in my interview was cut down to 1 week. My wife was frantic but we got through it.

Then the 20 hours of mandatory overtime started... I was working 60 hour weeks, Monday- Saturday. I was never home to see my wife (who is also working full time) or my daughter and my supervisors didn't care. they keep saying that the OT is only temporary, but there certainly is no end in sight.

If I didn't need this job to support my family I would quit. Management has no concept of work/life balance.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to talk to your employees and ask if they have suggestions on better ways to get the work done more efficiently. The processes that are used now are out-dated and inefficient, which causes more time to be wasted and forces us to work overtime. Management does not work this overtime, it is only the hourly employees, so maybe you should consider every possible option, before forcing us to put Humana before our families. Studies have shown that excessive overtime is actually less effective because it burns out employees... That is certainly something that management should consider.