There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Realistic look at a position at Humana

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Good benefits, very flexible schedules, competitive wages, large company that has many opportunties available for transfer if unsatisfied with position.

Cons

Poor communication from management, lack of recognition, inconsistent direction, outsourcing

Advice to Management

More reasons why major decisions were made, such as the outsourcing 'experiment' in IT. We want to know you are thinking of your associate's best interests. We lost a lot of friends in the outsourcing transition.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you want to grow as a leader this is not the place to be?

Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Great pay. If you are a "yes" man and do not value thinking outside of the box this is the place for you. Focus on making internal people happy while making the customer angry you will go far.

Cons

Little to no communication from leadership. Very inside the box thinking. Even though they pay certain associates high salaries they are not looking for you to think strategically. So while your pay will be sufficient you will become extremely frustrated if you try to be strategic. Often you will find yourself wondering if you have just stepped into the twilight zone. Turn over is extremely high and leadership gives no communication on how they will handle transition.

Advice to Management

Come down out of your silo and listen to what your employees. Read the book the 10 Commandments of Business Failure by Donald Keough. Humana practices each of these commandments all to well. Enable and educate employees to think outside the box to provide solutions for our customers. Move away from rigid rules that take us out of the competition. Leadership should not be intimidated by questions. Address the turn over issue. Instead of labeling it "look at how much we have grown", see it as a problem that needs to be fixed.

Great pay, hard work and favortism, can you handle it?

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Pay, vacation, sick, personal days and benefits

Cons

The favortism and politics, also their selection of team leaders and managers.

Advice to Management

You should promote people based on the merit, not on who they know. There are a lot of people that are put in positions that they are no where near qualified for. There needs to be a checks and balance process to ensure that a person promoted is actually qualified.