There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Rewarding place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Miramar, FL
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment. And potential for advancement is high.

Cons

Health insurance benefit could be better regarding excessive deductibles.

Improve the health coverage benefits.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

A Company With No Soul

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana full-time

Pros

salary is good. great infosec professionals, topnotch teams and strong middle management.

Cons

Benefits suck, their is no opinion on that subject, its horrible. here you have a healthcare company that offers the worse health plan to its own people, say its to promote wellness, BS its to save a buck off the backs of your own people, no discounts to healthcare access, no free gym etc, but they parade themselves around like some great corporate steward, wellness!. Also upper management in infosec department is horrible/joke, the CYA is ridiculous, total lack of leadership, lack of strategic foresight. Make people with life threatening illnesses fight them over whats covered and whats not. I know you need to make a profit, but man when people are not just sick but real sick sick or dying and they have paid insurance for years to deny them tells me you have no soul!

Upper management quit, get out of the way whatever, go golf, and let middle management make decisions.

Tampa DMS. I am speaking for those afraid to do so.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Monthly bonus minimal of $350.

Cons

Commission payouts have no tracking to verify what ACTUALLY closed with set appointments. Telephone enrollments are only $50 when outside agents make over $400. The quality assurance department is a joke and is made to set you up for failure, unless you have it in with them. Management is an even bigger joke. The only way you will advance with the department is again if you KNOW someone or if you are into extra curricular activities that involve alcohol or illegal substances. I would find it most beneficial if they were able to do random drug testing with these individuals. That would at least ensure the utmost quality/professional leaders remaining and deserving of that position. The yearly review system is also measured by some outlandish standards which could make any top performing agent feel worthless and question where do they go from this point. The favoritism is really obvious, and expectations/obligations seem to be swept under the carpet for those lucky enough to fit in that particular mold.

Drug test, drug test, drug test, drug test. You really want to know why your leaders and associates are sub par? This may help. I really believe in this company but the "dms world class organization" is being run by a zoo. You owe it to yourself to drug test ALL of your "leaders/operations supervisors". Stop bragging about how lucky we are to have a job and how Humana is one of the only stable insurace companies. STOP micro managing. STOP hiring unqualified and unprofessional individuals. STOP with the favoritism. START small and bring back VALUES. MEANING. HONOR. PRIDE.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!