Humana

www.humana.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Cube farm, decent benefits, good place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Humana has decent benefits; three weeks vacation, health insurance, good work/life balance, and tuition reimbursement. They have a half of 6% 401k match. The management is okay and compensation is decent. It is a good place to learn and grow and gain experience working in a lot of different areas from data to finance. If you come in on time and work hard there shouldn't be any problem moving up. I usually don't work more than 40 hours a week and rarely are there really stressful times.

Cons

It is a cube farm and it is very politically correct. There are no company wide bonuses. Things can get really boring at times.

Implement better strategies to keep the folks in the cubes healthier and moving around, offer the option of a standing desk

880 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Realistic look at a position at Humana

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Good benefits, very flexible schedules, competitive wages, large company that has many opportunties available for transfer if unsatisfied with position.

Cons

Poor communication from management, lack of recognition, inconsistent direction, outsourcing

More reasons why major decisions were made, such as the outsourcing 'experiment' in IT. We want to know you are thinking of your associate's best interests. We lost a lot of friends in the outsourcing transition.

If you want to grow as a leader this is not the place to be?

Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Great pay. If you are a "yes" man and do not value thinking outside of the box this is the place for you. Focus on making internal people happy while making the customer angry you will go far.

Cons

Little to no communication from leadership. Very inside the box thinking. Even though they pay certain associates high salaries they are not looking for you to think strategically. So while your pay will be sufficient you will become extremely frustrated if you try to be strategic. Often you will find yourself wondering if you have just stepped into the twilight zone. Turn over is extremely high and leadership gives no communication on how they will handle transition.

Come down out of your silo and listen to what your employees. Read the book the 10 Commandments of Business Failure by Donald Keough. Humana practices each of these commandments all to well. Enable and educate employees to think outside the box to provide solutions for our customers. Move away from rigid rules that take us out of the competition. Leadership should not be intimidated by questions. Address the turn over issue. Instead of labeling it "look at how much we have grown", see it as a problem that needs to be fixed.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana