Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Stuck in neutral

Current Employee - Member Services in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Member Services in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow co-workers. The individuals that I refer to as my extended family, perform extraordinary feats on a daily basis with one goal in mind...servicing the members! No matter the amount of negative energy pushed their way from management and a small host of members. They trudge forward.

Cons

Job Stagnation! At this juncture of a two year transition to a wellness company, career progression is non-existent unless your goals are in the mail order Rx business.

778 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

It is an okay place to work - it is such a large organization that there is a huge variation in job quality/satisfaction

Current Employee - Metrician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Metrician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strategically, humana has made some very good decisions in building its business.
    In Louisville, it is one of the larger organizations, and salaries are pretty good relative to others in the area. If you don't like your current role, there is plenty of opportunities to move into different teams as it is much easier to be hired internally than externally.

Cons

Humana as a company of its size appears to have some dysfunction in its organization and operations. As mentioned in the title of my review, there is incredible variation in the quality of the team within Humana. Some teams are stuck in the stone ages of business process and IT quality.

For Humana to translate its successful externally focused strategic decisions, its internal operations needs a significant overhaul. Simplify the organizational structure. Overhaul HR as it is a major weakness/liability to the organization. The IT budget and development process is broken. Change the business/IT paradigm to unlock hidden value in areas which have been neglected in terms of IT budget.

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Auditor in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Auditor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment along with friendly coworkers. There are lots of job openings at any given time. Supervisors are willing to help you pursue your goals within the company.

Cons

It isn't always what you know as much as it is who you know. Lock out periods make it tough to move when you become interested in a position. Poor health benefits for employees considering it's a health insurance company.

I would advise management to look at an employee's resume and creditentials and not move people based on their friendships.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana