There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Best place to work

Current Employee - Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL
Current Employee - Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, great PTO policy, good holidays, great tution, covers CEU's. Very generous with time off- I have been there 3 years- and have had Christmas break off every year. Front line leaders and directors very supportive of school.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is bad. I have been there 3 years- and it has pretty much all been positive.

reviews filtered by

Too big and out of control - Caveat Emptor!

Current Employee - Not Saying in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Not Saying in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can fly under the radar for years and no one cares. The number of inept people impacting the health of others is a majority of the 45,000 employee base. Your are so compartmentalized you do not know the end result of your actions. Mantra of "Perfect Service" is touted by all and practiced by few. Very security conscious and protect themselves from every legal angle to a fault. Micromgmt is an art form level on low end of the career ladder. Largest datamining operation in the world.

Cons

"Perfect Service" is not. Don't get between the revenue and management with an idea requiring money. Mgmt is focused on sales and their bonuses, not the people stepped on or over along the way. CEO is a bean counter without regard to the human condition. Another Humana business about to crash and burn; milked the nursing homes; then the hospitals; now health insurance; what's next?

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and call your customer service to find out it's not! The customer is not an inconvenience of doing business; they are the reason you are in business. Lifelong well-being exists if you never need the benefits from products. De-nile is the state of many claims.

Worst company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Humana

Pros

there is absolutely nothing positive about this company.

Cons

Everything about this company is a wrong

Advice to Management

Take a leadership class.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana