Humana

www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Loved my job, until I went to a knew team

Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI
Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, PTO time, holidays off. If you seek a challenging position you most likely will get one. Most supervisors are pretty good. They really want to mentor you, give you a chance to express your thoughts and ideas.

Cons

Once one supervisor is upset with you, that is it your days are numbered. You could be doing everything right, but in just a few months it will look like you have done everything wrong, and you will be let go. Even if your on a small team, and you are given 75% of the responsibility and the other 25% is divided among 2 other people.

Really take a look at who you hire for supervisors. Individuals who tell other employee's business or personal things that you don't even want to know about is wrong, and should be dealt with. Should also really look into if really letting someone go is the best option or is it better for them to move to a different team. Especially if they have not had any disciplinary action ever in over 5 years.

849 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Great salary great wellness benefits poor management

Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great salary. Great wellness benefits. Humana vitality Humana nurse line Humana cares fitness facility with trainers massage employee lounges chef created cafe delicious

Cons

Poor management poor follow up to employee issues poor communication when not at management level a lot of pettiness amongst coworkers claim to have internal jobs available but really just give the jobs to their friends and pretend to have interview process odd decision layoffs

Remember that a title is not everything we are all human beings and need to be respected

Best place to work

Current Employee - Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, great PTO policy, good holidays, great tution, covers CEU's. Very generous with time off- I have been there 3 years- and have had Christmas break off every year. Front line leaders and directors very supportive of school.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is bad. I have been there 3 years- and it has pretty much all been positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana