Humana
www.humana.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Good experience for an entry position

Analyst (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you get to know the right people and are able to navigate the organization, you'll find that it is very big with a lot of opportunities to work with talented people and learn the business.

Employee retention is high because Humana "engages" employees by requiring middle managers to develop annual plans to increase employee satisfaction, which is measured with an annual engagement survey.

ConsHigh ups get paid ridiculous salaries while regular people shouldn't expect annual raises to exceed inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove associates up the pay scale over time by issuing cost of living raises + performance based raises. Look at Mayo Clinic compensation methodology as a model.

Best place to work

Nurse (Current Employee)
Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good salary, great PTO policy, good holidays, great tution, covers CEU's. Very generous with time off- I have been… Cons: There is nothing I can say that is bad. I have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst company I have ever worked for

I have been working at Humana

Pros: there is absolutely nothing positive about this company. Cons: Everything about this company is a wrong Advice to Senior Management: Take a leadership class. More

There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Humana CEO Bruce D. Broussard. All reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees.