Humana

www.humana.com

Good experience for an entry position

Analyst (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsIf you get to know the right people and are able to navigate the organization, you'll find that it is very big with a lot of opportunities to work with talented people and learn the business.

Employee retention is high because Humana "engages" employees by requiring middle managers to develop annual plans to increase employee satisfaction, which is measured with an annual engagement survey.

ConsHigh ups get paid ridiculous salaries while regular people shouldn't expect annual raises to exceed inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove associates up the pay scale over time by issuing cost of living raises + performance based raises. Look at Mayo Clinic compensation methodology as a model.

Best place to work

Nurse (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good salary, great PTO policy, good holidays, great tution, covers CEU's. Very generous with time off- I have been… Cons: There is nothing I can say that is bad. I have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Too big and out of control - Caveat Emptor!

Not Saying (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You can fly under the radar for years and no one cares. The number of inept people impacting the health of others is a majority… Cons: "Perfect Service" is not. Don't get between the revenue and management with an idea requiring money. Mgmt is focused on sales and their bonuses, not… Advice to Senior Management: Get out of the office and call your customer service to find out it's not! The customer is not an inconvenience of doing business; they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!