Humana

www.humana.com

Good experience for an entry position

Analyst (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsIf you get to know the right people and are able to navigate the organization, you'll find that it is very big with a lot of opportunities to work with talented people and learn the business.

Employee retention is high because Humana "engages" employees by requiring middle managers to develop annual plans to increase employee satisfaction, which is measured with an annual engagement survey.

ConsHigh ups get paid ridiculous salaries while regular people shouldn't expect annual raises to exceed inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove associates up the pay scale over time by issuing cost of living raises + performance based raises. Look at Mayo Clinic compensation methodology as a model.

Best place to work

Nurse (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good salary, great PTO policy, good holidays, great tution, covers CEU's. Very generous with time off- I have been… Cons: There is nothing I can say that is bad. I have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Want to get passed over for a promotion for a temp who has worked there less than 3 months? Then work here!

Shipping Clerk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits package Decent pay rate Looks good on a resume Cons: no checks and balances favoritism vulgarity accepted among management short breaks Advice to Senior Management: Take reports to HR seriously and listen to your associates… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!