Humana

www.humana.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

2 people found this helpful  

Ever Changing

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are unlimited resources at Humana to learn and grow. Humana is a very forward thinking and dynamic industry leader. Decent starting pay but hard to be hired if not internal. VERY strong benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) match)

Cons

Sometime they implement then figure out details. This can lead to "putting out a lot of fires." In 5 years at Humana, I switched jobs three times. Once due to outsourcing. I also had 3 Directors and 5 managers in the five years I was an associate.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Provide more feedback to your associates. Mean what you say and say what you mean.

Approves of CEO

880 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 2 people found this helpful  

    Loved my job, until I went to a knew team

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI

    I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

    Pros

    Great pay, PTO time, holidays off. If you seek a challenging position you most likely will get one. Most supervisors are pretty good. They really want to mentor you, give you a chance to express your thoughts and ideas.

    Cons

    Once one supervisor is upset with you, that is it your days are numbered. You could be doing everything right, but in just a few months it will look like you have done everything wrong, and you will be let go. Even if your on a small team, and you are given 75% of the responsibility and the other 25% is divided among 2 other people.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Really take a look at who you hire for supervisors. Individuals who tell other employee's business or personal things that you don't even want to know about is wrong, and should be dealt with. Should also really look into if really letting someone go is the best option or is it better for them to move to a different team. Especially if they have not had any disciplinary action ever in over 5 years.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 1 person found this helpful  

    Great salary great wellness benefits poor management

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

    I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

    Pros

    Great salary. Great wellness benefits. Humana vitality Humana nurse line Humana cares fitness facility with trainers massage employee lounges chef created cafe delicious

    Cons

    Poor management poor follow up to employee issues poor communication when not at management level a lot of pettiness amongst coworkers claim to have internal jobs available but really just give the jobs to their friends and pretend to have interview process odd decision layoffs

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Remember that a title is not everything we are all human beings and need to be respected

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Work at Humana? Share Your Experiences

Humana

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.