Humana

Ever Changing

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are unlimited resources at Humana to learn and grow. Humana is a very forward thinking and dynamic industry leader. Decent starting pay but hard to be hired if not internal. VERY strong benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) match)

Cons

Sometime they implement then figure out details. This can lead to "putting out a lot of fires." In 5 years at Humana, I switched jobs three times. Once due to outsourcing. I also had 3 Directors and 5 managers in the five years I was an associate.

Provide more feedback to your associates. Mean what you say and say what you mean.

880 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Loved my job, until I went to a knew team

Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in De Pere, WI

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, PTO time, holidays off. If you seek a challenging position you most likely will get one. Most supervisors are pretty good. They really want to mentor you, give you a chance to express your thoughts and ideas.

Cons

Once one supervisor is upset with you, that is it your days are numbered. You could be doing everything right, but in just a few months it will look like you have done everything wrong, and you will be let go. Even if your on a small team, and you are given 75% of the responsibility and the other 25% is divided among 2 other people.

Really take a look at who you hire for supervisors. Individuals who tell other employee's business or personal things that you don't even want to know about is wrong, and should be dealt with. Should also really look into if really letting someone go is the best option or is it better for them to move to a different team. Especially if they have not had any disciplinary action ever in over 5 years.

Great salary great wellness benefits poor management

Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great salary. Great wellness benefits. Humana vitality Humana nurse line Humana cares fitness facility with trainers massage employee lounges chef created cafe delicious

Cons

Poor management poor follow up to employee issues poor communication when not at management level a lot of pettiness amongst coworkers claim to have internal jobs available but really just give the jobs to their friends and pretend to have interview process odd decision layoffs

Remember that a title is not everything we are all human beings and need to be respected

There are newer employer reviews for Humana