Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Provider Contract Analyst

Former Employee - Provider Contracting Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Provider Contracting Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

some good coworkers -- the worker bees

Cons

Management sucks. They don't know their head from a hole in the ground. They overwork and under appreciate their employees. Also, they are frightened of people that know just as much of them. They are cowards.

Kill yourself

849 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Excellent benefits

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, fitness push, advancement

Cons

Corporate setting so it gets less personable

Listen to the front end workers

RightSourceRx-- this review is for temp/contract positions

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk/Dr Call Customer Care Portal (CCP) Tank Worker

I worked at Humana as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some good people. That was literally the only positive about my time there

Cons

--while no hours are guaranteed for temp/contract workers, I've never seen such awful communication within a company. We were told repeatedly that the hours would pick up and they never really did. We were also told when I switched to a different department while still a temp that we would rarely be sent home, which also turned out to be false.

-- being sent home 2 hours or less after starting the shift, more often than not. Not communicating this to the temp agencies in time so the other temps and I would show up for a fraction of a day's work. This was disheartening after a couple weeks when it became apparent that things were not going to get any better despite what management was telling us.

--training was extremely insufficient and confusing. We were told only certain types of accounts would be in our queues to work but many accounts showed up in our queues that we were not authorized to work. Work efficiency was very low

--Again, this review is only for temp workers. I can't recommend this place to anyone looking to work as a temp/contract agent. Ever. If you had to choose between this place and McDonalds, choose McDonalds because you'll probably make more money there.

treat your temps with respect. If there's no work, don't give temps 10-20 hours per week after you've told them to expect 40-55! There are some good people there struggling to make a paycheck because of this. Very, very unprofessional.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana