Humana

www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

No upward mobility in your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommuting (work-at-home) option in some departments. Flexibility and adequate work-life balance, depending on your supervisor.

Cons

No room for advancement, hence why I left in order to move into management at a different organization. In some departments, you report to your equal, who reports to another equal. So in essence, you have to leapfrog 2 equals just to get to a management position. Lots of red-tape in its processes. As an associate, you are just a number and will never really get heard or make a difference. Humana considers that everyone is replaceable, so when that "replaceable" person leaves, all his/her projects are thrown out of whack. They're also always looking for ways to shed employees to save money. If you think you're on your way out, chances are you probably are. Pay attention to the writing on the wall.

None. You're obviously smarter than me.

840 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Gain some experience and move on!

Former Employee - Network Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Network Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent and loyal employees, very hard working worker bees. I worked to gain valuable experience which I recieved.

Cons

Worse management team I've ever worked with in 20 years. Little to no recognition for employees, interested in profits and CYA. Always threatened by employees who are more educated and knowledgable.

Listen to the employees, they are smart and know what they are doing.

RUN while you can!!!

Former Employee - Provider Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Provider Contractor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Humana full-time

Pros

The peer team members are great

Cons

Certain Senior (the seasoned) management has the mob mentality! They spend hours in one office gossiping and character assination of their subordinates. They travel together for strength and intimidation. They are so unprofessional and it resembles a high school mentality.

Senior Management should be trained on how to respect and POSITIVELY lead their subordinates. Rather than management by fire!

There are newer employer reviews for Humana