There are newer employer reviews for Humana

specialist

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros....the pay, wellness dedication, and employee recognition.

Cons

The insurance could be a lot better.

712 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

A Career Destination!

Current Employee - Strategic Consultant  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Strategic Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

My opinion matters and my voice is heard. In a Fortune 100 environment, that is not often the case. But here at Humana, everyone is on the same team and I come to work each day and make a difference. My colleagues are my friends, my work is exciting, and the environment is rich in culture and success is yours if you're willing to own it. As long as my work matters, I plan to be here for many many years.

Cons

The biggest detractor about Humana is that it oftentimes feels too big of a company. Meaning, trying to push a project forward, there are too many "cooks in the kitchen." I understand the purpose of a collaborative approach, but sometimes a decision requires too many people to buy-in.

Keep on doing what you're doing. The vibe here is great, and I'm thankful to be a part of a great institution.

Employees first, shareholders last.

I worked at Humana as an intern for more than a year

Pros

A few top members of management act within the interest of what is right for shareholders.

Cons

Most managers are only acting to protect and save their own jobs. They create smokescreens to cover reality and they take credit for the work of direct reports and outside consultants.

You have departments that are insidiously fat and replete with job/task redundancy. You have too much management by committee. Audit your senior management's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. You will find that gargantuan amounts of their paid time at work is spent playing with their own personal social media and side internet businesses that they own.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!