There are newer employer reviews for Humana

It grows on ya!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Project Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that you work with are awesome. The opportunities for growth and finding your niche` is here. There is something for everyone. You may work in one area, but you volunteer for a NRG (Network Resource Group) to allow you the ability to gain experience and network with others. Also it takes time to really understand your role, and to get adjusted to the way things happen. If you are within Humana, you've been acclimated to the environment, but if you are coming in from an outside organization, just hang around for a year, even when it gets tough, and see what happens. It's a pretty cool place, it grows on ya!

Cons

Some of the processes are less efficient than one might like. There is a lot of politics and red tape to navigate. It takes time to get used to it. As a PM, there are projects that are pushed through that have little to no business case, that will be made to believe this is a must have, only to find out that it is cancelled a few months later. Sometimes you are asked to manage a project that no one knows what they want, not even the person who requested it. I know it is weird, but it happens. it's a tough role, but if you just hang on, you see that it all works out in the end.

Listen to the Employees. It may not be as sexy as Senior Leadership would like, but it will work, expectations will be managed, and staff morale will be lifted. But you can't just cast vision without listening to your team.

713 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Humana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong support from management, decent salary, and a set schedule all contribute to a mostly enjoyable work environment. Coworkers always seem willing to help and the morale seems to stay upbeat for the most part.

Cons

The atmosphere is extremely corporate and the work can be redundant. There also seems to be a lack of knowledgeable leadership to keep things running smoothly.

A Career Destination!

Current Employee - Strategic Consultant  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Strategic Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

My opinion matters and my voice is heard. In a Fortune 100 environment, that is not often the case. But here at Humana, everyone is on the same team and I come to work each day and make a difference. My colleagues are my friends, my work is exciting, and the environment is rich in culture and success is yours if you're willing to own it. As long as my work matters, I plan to be here for many many years.

Cons

The biggest detractor about Humana is that it oftentimes feels too big of a company. Meaning, trying to push a project forward, there are too many "cooks in the kitchen." I understand the purpose of a collaborative approach, but sometimes a decision requires too many people to buy-in.

Keep on doing what you're doing. The vibe here is great, and I'm thankful to be a part of a great institution.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!