Humana

www.humana.com

A Company That Truly Cares about the Health of America

Applications Consultant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHumana is a nice place to work, with constant and steady values that do make the employee feel important and secure. Humana definitely pushes the health responsibility of the individual, making sure that people take responsibility for their lifestyle habits.

ConsOverall pay and compensation could be better. Benefits for Employees is not that great considering it is a healthcare company. There is an inconsistentcy in the policies around the company specifically with managing the workforce, telecommuting acceptance, and knowledge dispersal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think your employees could be one of your most successful marketing tools, offering more incentives for employees to participate in public activities, better benefits for employees so they shout Humana praise from the rooftops, specifically with prescription coverage and the practice of changing coverage levels based on types of medication and the frequency used. This is a horrible practice. I almost dropped the insurance I have because of stunts like this and I am an employee.

Excellence !

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros: I love the work balance. The company Policies and… Cons: have to remaing competative in the industry of you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This company is not exceptional in any way.

Medical Support Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The hourly pay was good. Cons: Insurance benefits was horrible, considering this is an insurance company. If you have a problem with a co-worker for instance, the clinic manager will try… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up to date with the individuals in the company, instead depending on the "managers" to keep you informed. Stop letting the managers be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!