Humana
www.humana.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

A Company That Truly Cares about the Health of America

Applications Consultant (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsHumana is a nice place to work, with constant and steady values that do make the employee feel important and secure. Humana definitely pushes the health responsibility of the individual, making sure that people take responsibility for their lifestyle habits.

ConsOverall pay and compensation could be better. Benefits for Employees is not that great considering it is a healthcare company. There is an inconsistentcy in the policies around the company specifically with managing the workforce, telecommuting acceptance, and knowledge dispersal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think your employees could be one of your most successful marketing tools, offering more incentives for employees to participate in public activities, better benefits for employees so they shout Humana praise from the rooftops, specifically with prescription coverage and the practice of changing coverage levels based on types of medication and the frequency used. This is a horrible practice. I almost dropped the insurance I have because of stunts like this and I am an employee.

Internal Consultant

Business Consultant (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great company culture, Good work/life balance, Easy access to senior leadership (Met the CEO twice within 3 months), Very collaborative… Cons: Very conservative (Not innovative), your direct manager holds the key of your career… Advice to Senior Management: From a strategy standpoint, need to be more aggressive in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cannot imagine working elsewhere.

I have been working at Humana

Pros: Benefits, Salary, Health Incentives, Genuinely caring environment. Cons: Can be stressful if you are looking for something that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Humana CEO Bruce D. Broussard. All reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees.