There are newer employer reviews for Humana

A Company That Truly Cares about the Health of America

Current Employee - Applications Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Humana is a nice place to work, with constant and steady values that do make the employee feel important and secure. Humana definitely pushes the health responsibility of the individual, making sure that people take responsibility for their lifestyle habits.

Cons

Overall pay and compensation could be better. Benefits for Employees is not that great considering it is a healthcare company. There is an inconsistentcy in the policies around the company specifically with managing the workforce, telecommuting acceptance, and knowledge dispersal.

I think your employees could be one of your most successful marketing tools, offering more incentives for employees to participate in public activities, better benefits for employees so they shout Humana praise from the rooftops, specifically with prescription coverage and the practice of changing coverage levels based on types of medication and the frequency used. This is a horrible practice. I almost dropped the insurance I have because of stunts like this and I am an employee.

712 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Excellence !

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the work balance. The company Policies and areas of advancement within the company.

Cons

have to remaing competative in the industry of you are done

Internal Consultant

Former Employee - Business Consultant  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, Good work/life balance, Easy access to senior leadership (Met the CEO twice within 3 months), Very collaborative specially in Louisville, Friendly people, willing to accommodate you on personal matters. The interview process is fairly easy (all behavior questions)

Cons

Very conservative (Not innovative), your direct manager holds the key of your career progression, the pay is not that great, perhaps need to be more performance driven.

From a strategy standpoint, need to be more aggressive in M&A activities

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!