Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

A Company That Truly Cares about the Health of America

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Humana is a nice place to work, with constant and steady values that do make the employee feel important and secure. Humana definitely pushes the health responsibility of the individual, making sure that people take responsibility for their lifestyle habits.

Cons

Overall pay and compensation could be better. Benefits for Employees is not that great considering it is a healthcare company. There is an inconsistentcy in the policies around the company specifically with managing the workforce, telecommuting acceptance, and knowledge dispersal.

I think your employees could be one of your most successful marketing tools, offering more incentives for employees to participate in public activities, better benefits for employees so they shout Humana praise from the rooftops, specifically with prescription coverage and the practice of changing coverage levels based on types of medication and the frequency used. This is a horrible practice. I almost dropped the insurance I have because of stunts like this and I am an employee.

799 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Excellence !

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the work balance. The company Policies and areas of advancement within the company.

Cons

have to remaing competative in the industry of you are done

This company is not exceptional in any way.

Former Employee - Medical Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Medical Support Specialist

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly pay was good.

Cons

Insurance benefits was horrible, considering this is an insurance company. If you have a problem with a co-worker for instance, the clinic manager will try to resolve it. If that doesn't work, then it goes to the regional manager. If that doesn't work (and chances are it won't because they are all "friends") then it is "supposed to go to the Human Resource Dept. My suspicion is it never gets to where it's supposed to go, it just kind of gets swept under the rug until you just give up.

Keep up to date with the individuals in the company, instead depending on the "managers" to keep you informed. Stop letting the managers be "friends" with the people they are supposed to be managing and actually manage them. maybe that will cut down on some favoritism. You could start a 3 strikes and you're out rule. If someone gets so many complaints on their behavior either from co-workers or patients/customers, then you get wrote up or held accountable in some way. Not just a "talk" from your manager.

Humana Response

Jul 29, 2013Project Manager: Social Media

I am sorry your experience with us was unsatisfactory. I really appreciate the open and honest comments, and will take this feedback under advisment.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana