Humana

Humana offers employee they WORST Health Benefit Plan

Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Green Bay, WI
Current Employee - Case Manager (RN) in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Humana

Pros

I like Case Management Work, I can either work from home or in the office. I like my co-wprkers. Three weeks vacation upon hire.

Cons

If you are looking for a good Health Insurance Plan, you will not receive at Humana. I have been with the company a little while. We use to have good Health Insurance beneifts. We had a traditional PPO. Now we are forced to select 3 options of High Deductible. If you are carrying your family as I am, the cost is HORRIBLE! I am Case Managing Employer Groups with the old traditional PPO and it pisses me off, we are no longer able to have that same plan. I use to give 150%, to see that things got done on time and put in efforts far beyond the normal. NO LONGER! If Humana thinks so little of employees that we have to now take the CRAP Plan, then, I am going home at 5pm and NOT starting untill the normal start time. Before it was a a Great commitment on my part to Humana. NOW it's just a J-O-B. The other thing is you go to two Summits a year, For me it's o big deal, I live near the summit site. But Humana spends Hugh amounts of money, flying, and paying for rental cars and rooms carting thousands of employees around vaious parts of the country. Nothing is gained from an employee persepctive, except falling behind on work. It usually is a bunch of people running around Drunk playing stuipd bonding games. Really, Humana should save the money.

GO BACK to the traditional PPO Plan. STOP the STUPID SUMMITS

801 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Not for me!

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana

Pros

Humana pays very competitively compared to other insurance companies or even other customer service jobs. The training was adequate and the work environment was suitable. Generally team members were fun to be around. Humana was very up-front with its expectations from employees.

Cons

The benefits, while cheap, were not what I expect from an insurance company. The only options are high deductible plans, which do not work well with some people. Advancement is mostly lateral, and favors time invested with the company over actual skill/production. I was there two years and found it extremely challenging to move up. Communication from leadership about changes in procedures is often counter-intuitive and it is difficult to get questions about it answered. Sometimes they "forget" to tell you very important things about changes in the company. Managerial quality varies greatly within departments. The sick policy is draconian, forcing you to be written up regardless of if you have a valid doctor's excuse or not. I saw one representative who was written up for having an emergency surgery.

You need to start offering much better feedback on suggestions from employees. Nothing discourages people more then them making a suggestion and hearing nothing back. There needs to be a better means of reviewing managers to determine who is productive and who is not, and those who are not productive need additional training or to be restructured into a different position. Refresher courses for employees should be available upon request after approval from supervision.

It is a challenging place to work.

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros

It is a challenging place to work -- with interesting assignments and and cutting edge leadership.

Cons

Culturally, it is trapped in the 80s. The dress code needs to change to business casual for all campuses.

I would change the dress code to business casual. Most employers made this change years ago, but for some reason Humana continues to lag behind.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana