Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

I love Humana!

Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Humana is a wonderful employer. Associates are encouraged multiple times daily to take care of their wellness. There are onsite fittness centers with classes and personal trainers. Humana also encourages career development. There are a variety of resources to help associates grow.

Cons

Management is sometimes disorganized and some parts of the company often are out of the loop when it comes to opportunities and certain benefits.

Humana Response

Jul 23, 2013Project Manager: Social Media

Thank you for your kind review. We really appreciate the feedback especially when it comes to associates buying into our philosophy of well-being.

801 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Don't Drink the KoolAid

Current Employee - EIS in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - EIS in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Resources, student tuition reimbursement, work from home program

Cons

Lest start with the company as a whole, the healthcare benefits are a joke, particularly for a healthcare company, they make you try to think (here is where the kool aid comes in) that a HDHP is a great thing, that's it their to promote your health and "Life long Well Being" a term you get tired of hearing over and over again day after day, when in fact the reason Humana ONLY offers a HDHP to their own employees is to save a buck (cheap bastards). Then they charge you for gym access, make you pay more if you put your spouse on your plan, funny for a HEALTHCARE provider that nonstop preaches "Life Long Well-being". Allot of of Senior Management is incompetent, doesn't care about whats going on the ground level so long as the numbers are good. This place is all on where you are, what department, building and management chain. Some are very happy, others are absolutely miserable. I have seen some managers lose dozens of team members quite due to bad management, and the upper management do nothing. They lose allot of good people that way, but not my problem anymore, if you look at Humana, look at the management and department carefully and whatever you do, don't buy into the Koolaid. Humana needs to understand that Vitality, promoting health initiatives, gym bags, diet guidance are all good things but at the end of the day people want health insurance first and they want their healthcare provider to help them pay their Dr. bills, and not have to arm wrestle them over EVERYTHING! Perfect service, hmmmmmmmm okaaaaay!

Spend as much time csaring and supporting your team as you do your numbers.

I really enjoy working for the company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, community involvement, layed back approach.

Cons

The health benefits are not very good.

Less politics.