Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

So far so good

Current Employee - Telesales Specialist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Telesales Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Healthcare reform may bring even better pay.

Cons

I hear there is alot of outbound calling if your are not a top producer during AEP ( annual enrollment period for medicare 10/15 through 12/7 of each year.

Pay a per-diem to all agents during AEP that have perfect clock in time, break time, and lunch time. This will give a larger incentive for people to be ready to take those calls during AEP and will provide a perfect telesales experience to the customers by lowering their hold times.

878 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Very big and unorganized IT department

I worked at Humana

Pros

Easy to fit in and get lost in the shuffle there is enough work to keep everyone buy

Cons

it is too big and promotions dont exist.. everyone in ky get the best promotions

share the weatlth

Humana the place where recognition goes to die and retaliation lives.

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reliable pay, if your manager approves your time. Went an entire month while my boss was in Europe with out pay. And yes its below market average compensation.

Cons

Zero pay increases, no recognition, HR is not for you (regular associates), "Leaders" will create a very hostile environment, and constantly look for ways to make work life difficult. As an hourly employee I have never been subject to my schedule being dictated by a Account Executive that I don't report to!

Clean house. The managers on up are toxic. The associates can easily recognize that their work ethic and competencies are not what is valued, its more about being a brown nose-er, and wannabe corporate goomba. Re-purpose the HR department to actually mediate and coach managers that are unable to manage their staff with out resorting to high-school locker room tactics. Harassment is rampant, and is not justified "punishment" for speaking one's mind. Maybe look for real management attributes(Being an effective communicator, facilitating direction in day to day operations, HONESTY) and not an old dominion style overseer. I get the sense of being on the HUM-tanic, especially considering I read a recent Barron's article where some of our most senior leadership in Louisville have just sold their company stock. Ladies and gentlemen, Women and Children first, and be sure that we have locked the peons in Steerage.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana