There are newer employer reviews for Humana

I had a great experience at humana

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in El Paso, TX
Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in El Paso, TX

I worked at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Most positions for advancement are out of tge local area.

Other Employee Reviews for Humana

Easily the best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Humana part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friends and acquaintances regulalrly ask me if we have openings, so I can't be the only one with a high opinion. There are opportunites for career growth for those that are willing to sieze them and the company supports training & education heavily. There's sincere interest in employee well-being and in making a diference in the lives of customers. The company even surveys all employees anually to gauge engagement/job satisfaction and holds leaders accountable to improve when needed.

Cons

As much as I enjoy working here, I'll be the first to say that this is not a company for everyone. The core business is focused in a heavily regulated industry. Even though much is known regarding the impact of health care reform, there's still too much uncertainty for some people. Also, this is a company that prizes committment to customer service, innovation and constant improvement to stay ahead of competitors. In short, those who have a low tolerance for change or might be less than eager to make a difference in the lives of others may not be comfortable here.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on getting employee engagement and job satisfaction consistent across the entire organization. As we continue to grow, that's our biggest challenge.

Humana in nutshell!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great place to work -Lots of room for advancement -Proactive environment

Cons

-Depending on your group, leadership is lacking or clueless -If you don't come in at a good salary you will have a hard time getting to where you need to be

Advice to Management

The company needs to train managers before putting them in to management roles.