There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Watch out for Management

Former Employee - Business Consultant  in  Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Business Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Humana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The new CEO has great direction.

Cons

Horrible Management, no work/life balance. They don't like out to 'post out' for other postions

710 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

This company really walks the walk

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A culture that focuses on well-being, strong sense of purpose, high employee engagement, flexible work schedules, positive team culture, generous benefits. Overall, it is a great place to work.

Cons

My impression is that salaries for associates who rise within the ranks of the company tend to be on the low side. One gets the feeling that they are being taken advantage of. Promotions, even large increases in responsibility, rarely come with greater than 8-10% increase in salary.

Think about the way that you reward your top talent. I say this to you because I care. I really love this company.
    As a very productive and driven worker who knows that they are getting paid under market value, please hear me when I say this...You do not want your talented and engaged workers to think that they have to leave the company in order to get paid fairly. Loosen the purse strings a little for your top talent and you will make it back ten fold.
    A good company culture makes Humana an awesome place to work. But, at the end of the day, we work in exchange for money and a good standard of living. If a top producing employee starts to realize that they can get paid significantly more if they just move to another company, Humana's culture may not be enough to keep them.

Great company, bad department.

Current Employee - Medicare Grievance Specialist  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Medicare Grievance Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, great personal insurance for single person, good amenities. Humana takes good care of their employees as a whole. It is a good place to begin a job and make a career. The company offers a lot of employee perks and are concerned with our personal well being.

Cons

My direct Department management is poor and the department environment is mundane. We are often overworked and overlooked and management doesn't seem to be knowledgeable of what each specialists does.

Consider discussing office culture, training leadership on how to be efficient and better leaders. Team supervisors lack the ability to effectively lead and upper management is unaware of our specific job processes and what we actually do.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!