Humana

There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Watch out for Management

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Business Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The new CEO has great direction.

Cons

Horrible Management, no work/life balance. They don't like out to 'post out' for other postions

849 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Disorganized

Former Employee - TeleSale Miramar (Direct Market Sales, Phone) in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - TeleSale Miramar (Direct Market Sales, Phone) in Miramar, FL

I worked at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary, good people to work with, good opportunities for overtime when busy. Good company if you just want to settle.

Cons

No room for advancement. Unfair way of distributing leads to employees. Horrible benefits with very high deductibles. Management are a bunch of idiots who are reactive rather than proactive who only look good because of driven employees.

Consider replacing yourselves with competent people who know what to do that will foster an atmosphere of success that will be shared with all employees.

This company really walks the walk

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Humana full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A culture that focuses on well-being, strong sense of purpose, high employee engagement, flexible work schedules, positive team culture, generous benefits. Overall, it is a great place to work.

Cons

My impression is that salaries for associates who rise within the ranks of the company tend to be on the low side. One gets the feeling that they are being taken advantage of. Promotions, even large increases in responsibility, rarely come with greater than 8-10% increase in salary.

Think about the way that you reward your top talent. I say this to you because I care. I really love this company.
    As a very productive and driven worker who knows that they are getting paid under market value, please hear me when I say this...You do not want your talented and engaged workers to think that they have to leave the company in order to get paid fairly. Loosen the purse strings a little for your top talent and you will make it back ten fold.
    A good company culture makes Humana an awesome place to work. But, at the end of the day, we work in exchange for money and a good standard of living. If a top producing employee starts to realize that they can get paid significantly more if they just move to another company, Humana's culture may not be enough to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana