Humana

www.humana.com

Great Company to work for, but still a BIG company

Current Employee - Personal Health Coach
Current Employee - Personal Health Coach

Pros

Humana has great benefits (401K matching, HSA, and wellness incentives). Most of my coworkers are happy in their positions. I am in an entire department that works from home which is great for a lot of moms and people who want to have autonomy and flexible hours.

Cons

It's hard to get a raise or promotion. In the 3 years I've been here I've received 1 tiny raise. Trying to get a new idea "approved" or implemented is a circus act. I wish there was more support for professional growth and "moving up".

more transparency within all of Humana to support growth

Other reviews for Humana

Great Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Consultant in Louisville, KY

Pros

I feel like the corporate Humana really believes in their mission. The CEO and top leadership are very involved in the company and are working to make changes. The company has a great 401K plan and very flexible on work at home and when you need time off. The company is really forward thinking and trying hard to be thought leader in wellness.

Cons

The mission translates down to the individual departments, but each department is in their own world and do not know what the other teams do. For new hires, there is very little department training (a lot of Humana training) and they just throw you in to begin on your own, but your manager and team mates are so busy with their own work, they don't have time to help much. The dream of Humana does not translate fully to individual teams. There is a lot of individual responsibility where each team member works on their own issues while on the same team, others are doing something completely different.

Break down the silos so each team is involved in the total picture and not just their small area.

My experience has been excellent

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Specialist in Louisville, KY

Pros

There is room to move up

Cons

a lot of people applying for the same positions

none

There are newer employer reviews for Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!