Humana

www.humana.com
There are newer employer reviews for Humana

Success Available I You Want It!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Humana

Pros

Overtime available. Company encourages education and growth. My department encourages associates to grow and better themselves no matter what direction you may move within the company.

Cons

Like any company some departments are better to work in than others. The only thing I am not a fan of would be the high deductable health plan offered to associates.

None

840 Other Employee Reviews for Humana (View Most Recent)

Good Pay Bad Benefits

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Humana

Pros

Pay is higher than average in the industry. When you leave the company you get paid out for unused vacation.

Cons

Health benefits are horrible. All plans are HDHP and more than likely you will have to contribute to a HSA or FSA to pay for your healthcare. It's almost like paying two premiums.

My advice would be to get to know your business better and listen to your employees sometimes. Thats all I have to say.

Good pay for the hard worker

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Humana

Pros

As an insurance agent, it's nice to be able to work inside (regardless of the weather) and have a quasi-predictable schedule. This is an inside call center job with above average pay, including sales incentives. They have great benefits, including 3 weeks vacation per year. I made great money, but I was a top producer. During my best year, I made almost $100k (gross). I seriously doubt that anyone makes anywhere near that anymore because of several changes that occurred after I left.

Cons

Because most of the business that we did was related to Medicare (a Federal Government program), it concerned me to know that our futures (includng salaries and commissions) could be affected by a changing political climate. However, if you think about it, no job is "secure" in that regards. This is a call center job, and most employees are friendly, but after I worked there for a few years, I became burned out. I can only cold-call and take inbound sales calls for so long before I lose my mind. The job can be extremely stressful at times. This is primarily because your customers are the Senior population, and you have to make sure that you cover all of your bases to stay compliant with Federal guidelines. Many customers do not have the patience to listen to you make sure that you are doing everything correctly. There is quite a bit of pressure from both the customer and the company, and you are caught in the middle. All of your calls are recorded, and if you make a mistake, it could mean losing your insurance license and your career.

Have more open communication with your front-line employees. Let them at least feel like they know what the future holds in advance of any major changes. Promote from within. Reward hard workers. They are helping the company to profit and increase shareholder value.

There are newer employer reviews for Humana