Humana
www.humana.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

I think it's the best place I've worked in health care

Miami, FL

I have been working at Humana

ProsThe ability to expand forward if willing to take advantage of set times and school. It's nice having a 9-5 as a nurse.

ConsCenter operations get involved in medical. How's a Business administrator going to tell medical teams how to do things? How does senior management not get involved in politics. Well I do work in Miami where every thing is crooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementAPAT system doesn't really qualify for the needs of certain fields in Humana. It's sad that HR leaders don't appropriately adjust the different needs to be able to adapt to the field. It really gives the wrong people raises and increases the chance of losing good talent.

The work was exciting during the growth period.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana

Pros: During the growth period, there were lots of opportunities for… Cons: Once the growth period slowed down, recruiters were told we would continue to have a job. … Advice to Senior Management: Associates are customers, too. "Perfect Service" ought to… More

I learned alot, but as that began to plateau, there weren't any opportunities to seek.

Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana

Pros: The benefits, the experience, the corporate structure Cons: Humana is a great place to work for. Though, that doesn't matter… Advice to Senior Management: Management should value their experienced staff. More

There are newer reviews on Humana.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Humana CEO Bruce D. Broussard. All reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees.