There are newer employer reviews for Humanscale

Great People, Up and Down

I have been working at Humanscale full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Great people to work with
-Management friendly and easy to talk to
-Relatively flexible hours
-Broad experiences
-Opportunity to travel if in the right position

Cons

-Production is constantly overwhelmed
-There is always a sales emergency
-Lack investment in formal production training
-Working conditions

Invest some more time, energy, and training resources into the heart and sole of the company, manufacturing

45 Other Employee Reviews for Humanscale (View Most Recent)

I liked my role with the company, I do not like how they treat their people.

Former Employee - Think Twice Before Signing On the Dotted Line
    Former Employee - Think Twice Before Signing On the Dotted Line

I worked at Humanscale

Pros

Nice product, well received by designers and end users.
    I just recently heard from a recruiter that "Humanscale does a terrific job of fleshing out the best and the brightest talent, which makes it easy for the recruiters once these folks drop like flies from the comapny. We refuse to recruit for Humanscale, but we love their former employees, they make our job easy."

Cons

There are always great ideas and new designs that are shown prematurely, and the manufacturing side of the house cannot get it together. New products typically have issues so many iterations and dissatisfied end users later, makes for a tough product to endorse wholeheartedly.
    Working at Humanscale feels like your are in a constant state of panic, whether trying to meet goals or not doing enough...it's definitely not a warm-fuzzy place to be.
    Humanscale does not have a great reputation or following in some markets where aggressive employees have made their mark. Oftentimes you feel like you are in "damage control"mode.
    Before you accept your offer with this company, hire an attorney to review their stringent "non-compete" agreement. Humanscale has been know in the industry to be litigious, and once you sign, you might as well kiss working anywhere else in the furniture industry goodbye. Many recruiters no longer recruit for Humanscale.

Continuity would be nice. There are some good managers and some awful managers just like in any company. The upper management favors a handful of handsome men, and as a woman, you'd be hard pressed to bust into the "boys club".
    Advice: treat people the way you would like to be treated and manage in the same way. It's pretty simple.

My experience has been just okay.

I have been working at Humanscale

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here is it's very flexible when it comes to work and your personal life and you don't have management looking over your back. It's a very laid back enviornment with a lot of independence.

Cons

The downsides are that there is no room for growth or opportunity to move up; and the benefits are very expensive.

Some advice to management would be to try and create some room for growth within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Humanscale