Hunter Industries

corporate.hunterindustries.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Hunter Industries

Interesting workplace, good people, great products

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Marcos, CA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has kept it's family owned business environment despite the growth of the company. Their values have not faltered and they still care about the customer, the employee and the community.

Cons

Sometimes parking can be a hassle

I would like to see some of the products available on a website hosted at Hunter, perhaps a web ecommerce solution. I've always thought that could be a successful avenue for profit.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Hunter Industries (View Most Recent)

Good company with long standing history - management and administration lack stability.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

I worked at Hunter Industries

Pros

Great work/life balance, best employee wellness approach I've seen. Fitness center on premises available to all employees. Hunter makes top notch product and that alone can overcome quite a lot. Well-meaning folks throughout company.

Cons

Family run outfit, so some strategic decisions can be questionable. Not a lot of communication from executives. Large company with lots of moving parts, one can get lost in the shuffle.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries

Pros

Vertically integrated company provides opportunities to work across all aspects of a product's lifecycle, from marketing and engineering, to manufacturing, sales, distribution, and customer support. Hunter is large enough to invest in facilities and products and small enough to be agile. Hunter respects their employees, provides them with a first class working environment, and holds them accountable for developing the best irrigation and landscape lighting products on the market.

Every person I have worked with is good at their job and dedicated to the success of the company--- In contrast to larger companies I previously worked at that had too many employees who seemed to have retired in place. Hunter's profit sharing (ranging from 8% to 27% these past five years) compensates hourly and salaried employees with the same percentage bonus for the same company objective, reducing silos and dysfunctional behavior that I have seen at companies that develop unique bonus and compensation programs for employees in different departments.

The overall best reason is the people at Hunter. The culture is caring and genuine. People are extremely considerate and competent. I have never been happier at work.

Cons

People at Hunter are generally considerate and polite, and sometimes take too long to get to the point. Their corporate culture is diverse, but if I were to generalize I would say it is a blend of San Diego and midwestern US, which may not be for everyone. You need to be able to listen to what is unsaid as well as what is said to truly understand a conversation at Hunter.

Keep up the good work