Hunter Industries

Super Place to Work!

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Marcos, CA
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries

Pros

There are many reasons to work at Hunter Industries, but the best by far is the atmosphere. I have worked in many industries, and I have never found a company to have such a friendly, open atmosphere. The leadership is great, senior management is top notch, and the emphasis is to make the best possible product and services for the customer.

This company is very employee empowered, profit sharing is always awesome but the many other ways that Hunter shows that employees are important is also a big draw. All the family oriented events, the picnics, and the feeling that you belong to a family instead of just a faceless number in a large corporation.

Employee retention is very high. It is surprising to see the percentage of employees with 15 years or more of service.

Cons

I really scratch my head at trying to think of a downside, but if there is one then it is that Hunter bends over too far backwards to try to please their customers, many times this can be expensive. Hunter has the best warranty return policy in the business, and I believe that some customers try to exploit this to their profit. However, it does tend to make happy repeat customers, so in the end it pays off.

All I can say is keep going! You're doing a super job, don't go public with this company, keep it private. We're behind you and Hunter products all the way.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Hunter Industries (View Most Recent)

Hunter Industries a great place to work if you seriously can't find anything else.

Current Employee - Manager in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries

Pros

The best reason to work for Hunter Industries is if you cannot find a good job and this is all you can get. It is a manufacturing plant with a lot of employees and they hire and fire on a whim and without fore-thought. Not even the VPs are safe. It's not the economy it has been like that for a decade. If you know how to keep your head down and you don't want to get promoted, you can work there for a long time and no one will notice that you accomplish very little because that might cause someone to scrutinize how little they themselves do.

Cons

There is a crazy amount of turn-over. Every few months another executive gets fired. They churn employees all the time. They look to pay the lowest possible wages and get you to work tons of hours. The due to the turn-over you constantly interact with managers with little understanding of their responsibilities and jobs. Smart, career-minded people don't last long here. Only the fools survive. The president is so uninvolved and misinformed on what is really happening in the plant, we get some of the stupidest requests. Then when he hears about people having disagreements, he just fires the lot. No wonder the sales are way down. There are no experienced salesmen and support staff left.

Don't pretend you know everything. Listen to the people you hire as experts. Promote the best. Stop firing the talent and keeping the slow.

Far and away the irrigation manufacturer to both work for and buy from if you value your career.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Hunter Industries

Pros

The products, the people, the innovation and the dedication

Cons

There are no downsides to working for Hunter Industries

Keep up the good work. The leadership, vision and future guidance senior management has for this company has been remarkable.

There are newer employer reviews for Hunter Industries