Huntington Ingalls Industries

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Ingalls Industries

Great Company

Former Employee - Deck Electrician in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Deck Electrician in Newport News, VA

I worked at Huntington Ingalls Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was excellent, the training was good, overtime was plentiful.

Cons

Management not as involved in helping you progress as they should be, very long hours were expected.

Workers need resources to help them grow, and management seemed like they were not particularly worried about giving those resources to employees.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Ingalls Industries (View Most Recent)

I worked as a Welder it's hard work but the pay is great. Put in an application the process is very easy.

Former Employee - Structural Welder in Pascagoula, MS
    Former Employee - Structural Welder in Pascagoula, MS

I worked at Huntington Ingalls Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best thing's working here is the pay and the hours. You can get overtime just about any weekend if your up for it.

Cons

It's challenging because it's hot in the summer so if you starting around july be prepared for the heat. Also be prepared for strict safety rules.

HII was decent enough, depending on your group you could be a number or a real asset

Former Employee - Process Engineer II in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer II in Newport News, VA

I worked at Huntington Ingalls Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Focused Employment, Decent leadership, benefits, ability to learn technologies that aren't necessarily in your field, Work/life balance is fair if you are in a standard engineers position, management is a different story, couldn't pay me enough.

Cons

Salary, slightly stagnent, but I think the region and high influx of retired/ousted military keeps it that way. minimal upward mobility, HR is a nightmare, before getting hired I went through 2 different personnel because they either quit or stopped showing up for work. Management tends to not be the greatest for the job, security keep them behind in technology, in fact that is probably my #1 reason for leaving. New career have learned more in one year than I would in 3 at the yard. IT is tough on its employees, know of atleast one suicide on the steps while employed with them.

Let your people work, Realize that employee moral is as tied to their contribution/growth professionally as it is compensation. Have a spine, and stand up to the good ol' boy mentality

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Ingalls Industries