Huntington Learning Centers

I love working here!

Current Employee - SAT/ACT Math Tutor  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - SAT/ACT Math Tutor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers

Pros

Flexible hours
Competitive pay
Work one-on-one with students
Great management staff
No micro-management
Friendly, family environment
Kind and devoted staff
Ability to make a difference in a child's life

Cons

i honestly don't have anything bad to say about working at HLC. Yes, it's very part-time but that is explained to you at the beginning. Yes, the pay rate is not going to make you a millionaire, but since the program is laid out for you, you don't really have to come up with any teaching ideas or plan any lessons on your own. You just follow the plan that's printed out for you, which means you shouldn't be paid the equivalent of a teacher's salary or even a private tutor's salary because you have much less work to do. In the center where I work, all of the teachers/management are friendly and competent. I only wish it could be full time!

The math program is in great need of re-organization.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Learning Centers (View Most Recent)

It has been a very slow start

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers part-time for less than a year

Pros

The schedule is very open and flexible but it is too flexible to make an actual living. You can make your own schedule. It also looks good on your resume and helps keep your teaching skills sharp if you are trying to get into teaching full time.

Cons

Very low pay
    Inconsistency with management
    Very little opportunity to get hours
    Too much paperwork and polices for the money and hours

I have been "working" here for over a month and have literally made less than $20. There is very little opportunity to make hours for new employees. Management is very inconsistent. I was offered one amount in pay but then later told that would start after and if I make 90 days. Training is also paid after 90 days. After being hired and trained 3 weeks went by without hearing anything about a work schedule. I finally called and have literally worked 2 hrs. I was also told I would be a part time teacher. I am more like on a as needed basis. This job can't even supplement your income, let alone be considered part time. There are also so many rules and regulations and paperwork, too much for a job that gives its employees so little.

frustrating

Former Employee - Science/Math Teacher  in  Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Science/Math Teacher in Canton, MI

I worked at Huntington Learning Centers

Pros

low pay, never appreciate what you do for the students

Cons

unprofessional, no room for growth, never appreciate your credentials

Hire some certified math teachers. Allow students to grow and learn based on their present knowledge level. Don't start them at elementary level math only because that is your comfort level.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

Worked for Huntington Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!