Huntington Learning Centers

www.huntingtonhelps.com
  www.huntingtonhelps.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

A great company/corporation but the franchisor employing me is not so awesome.

Current Employee - Center Director  in  Ventura, CA
Current Employee - Center Director in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping students build needed skills and preparing for college.

Cons

Poor ownership can make environment stressful and even hostile.

Get a contract for your expected hours and ask to see center revenue reports prior to agreeing to revenue goals. Often these goals are inflated making any comission structure unattainable and therefore demotivating.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Learning Centers (View Most Recent)

"Huntington Learning Center Offers Flexible Part-time employment opportunities."

Current Employee - Part Time Teacher  in  Pasadena, MD
    Current Employee - Part Time Teacher in Pasadena, MD

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location is good; hours are flexible. The more you're willing to work, the better the hours.
    Pay is pretty good for part-time work; that being said, raises are rare. If you enjoy children and teens, it is fun to work with them one-to-one. The company's materials are tried and true and easy to use in teaching. The dress code maintains a professional appearance.

Cons

Outdated materials should be replaced. Hours can be spotty, so it's hard to make enough from it as a part-time job. Training of new employees is weak. Finding materials is frustratingly difficult at times, especially for new employees.

Spend more time training new employees in the Huntington methods, with written instructions. Hours are harshly long for the administrative assistants and they do not tend to stay very long as a result. Overall, it's an excellent company, with a strong program that works well for clients.

Working @ Huntington Corporate in Oradell is Equivalent to Abuse. Quitting Today.

I worked at Huntington Learning Centers full-time

Pros

There are some good staff and the franchisees are okay, but it's hard to think of any bright and shining points in this company.

Cons

The only way to remain employed here is to become accustomed to the upper management's horrific way of treating everyone. Nobody questions them for fear of being berated and ridiculed to the point of crying. If a parent were to yell at a child in the same manner, I would feel comfortable in reporting that parent to the authorities for verbal abuse. I have contacts in the education and real estate industries who refuse to do business with this company on principle.

The upper management does not know how to work with people, they do not know how to put trust in their employees, they do not know how to update their curricula... all they know is how to order people around and throw tantrums if they do not get their way. I have been here for a while, and I have seen many qualified people join Huntington only to leave after a few months because they are disgusted with the treatment. I have become disgusted with the treatment as well, and I am happy to say that I quit today.

I cannot emphasize this enough: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I really do not have much hope for the future of this company as long as it is controlled by the current management.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

Worked for Huntington Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!