Huntington Learning Centers

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

Legal Work Practices?

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Lawrence, NJ
Current Employee - Tutor in Lawrence, NJ

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers
In theory, it is nice that Huntington aims to teach not just to the test (SAT, ACT) but to teach the skills and material necessary to do well on the test

Cons

Some shady practices - asking tutors to come in up to an hour early and stay late to finish paperwork, but you can only clock in 5 minutes before your shift and must clock out 5 minutes after your scheduled shifts ends; Also not paying for the hours completed in training until 3 months after you've been working at the center...
Really poor materials. Full of typos, unclear explanations (unclear even for college grads, much less high school students struggling with the test)
Low salary compared to similar positions (and you're not allowed to speak to parents at all, maybe for fear that the parents will realize that only a tiny portion of their thousands of dollars are going to tutors?)

Pay tutors a more competitive wage, including prep time. Improve teaching materials.

Huntington Learning Centers Response

Oct 26, 2013Franchisee

This former employee, who is a recent college grad and was to receive training for educational tutoring at Huntington, completed a telephone interview where among other things, hourly rates and ... More

163 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington Learning Centers (View Most Recent)

Very disappointing & misleading.

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Westwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Westwood, NJ

I have been working at Huntington Learning Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to be in your early 20s & be a "Manager".

Cons

Hours, salary, more of a sales job than education, not a culturally diverse company

Read these reviews & make some serious changes.

Offered a Job? Very Misleading

Current Employee - Part Time Teacher  in  Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Part Time Teacher in Melbourne, FL

Pros

Never got a chance to find out

Cons

Grossly Low Pay (9/hr)
    Disorganized Management

I interviewed and was seemingly offered a job as a 'teacher' aka tutor.

Firstly, interview went great, so much so that I was given the card of the Assistant Director of the site and was told she would be in touch in a couple days to set up training in the next week. Couple days go by and I hear nothing back, so I give her a call. Come to find out that they are not moving forward with any of their candidates.

As a recent graduate, this is so very frustrating. Please do not tell me that I have a job and that training will be next week and then nothing. This just speaks to disorganization and poor leadership. For all the money and time that parents and students are putting into this place, you would think organization and clear objectives would be paramount.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington Learning Centers

Worked for Huntington Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!