Huntington National Bank
www.huntington.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Desperate and Floundering underneath the immense expenses taken on by their "New Branding"

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

ProsThe only positive experiences I have obtained while working at Huntington is simply the customer service skills I've been able to build upon and the lending experience.

ConsI received virtually no training on Huntington's computer systems, which in the beginning reflected very poorly on the company since I had to learn purely by experience, while working with customers. The communication between departments, especially when putting through loan applications, is completely asinine. Talk to any banker in the NE region and they'll agree it takes 10 times as long as it should to get a response from the loan department, prompting clients to move on. As the "re-branding" of Huntington really took off, one had to wonder where all this money they were spending was coming from. With extended hours, free accounts, and a 24 hour grace period, how will they make up the revenue being spent on the expensive marketing and branch renovations? So far, the pressure of making up that money has trickled down to us in the branch with high goals and sales expectations. I predict HNB will lose much of it's top talent to other organizations and break down completely; maybe not this year, maybe not 2 years from now, but it will definitely happen.

Management by intimidation.

Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros: Benefits packages and facilities are good. Cons: Unrealistic setting of goals. Once a goal is reached it is then raised to an uttainable level. No encouragement for success, only… Advice to Senior Management: Show value and respect toward long term employees. Stop negative… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros: Great company, especially in Columbus, where they're headquartered. I was able… Cons: No real complaints. Although, while I was working there it seemed… Advice to Senior Management: A training program would probably make for better hires out of the gate.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Huntington National Bank.

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huntington National Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huntington National Bank CEO Steve Steinour. All reviews posted anonymously by Huntington National Bank employees.