Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com
  www.huntington.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Desperate and Floundering underneath the immense expenses taken on by their "New Branding"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

The only positive experiences I have obtained while working at Huntington is simply the customer service skills I've been able to build upon and the lending experience.

Cons

I received virtually no training on Huntington's computer systems, which in the beginning reflected very poorly on the company since I had to learn purely by experience, while working with customers. The communication between departments, especially when putting through loan applications, is completely asinine. Talk to any banker in the NE region and they'll agree it takes 10 times as long as it should to get a response from the loan department, prompting clients to move on. As the "re-branding" of Huntington really took off, one had to wonder where all this money they were spending was coming from. With extended hours, free accounts, and a 24 hour grace period, how will they make up the revenue being spent on the expensive marketing and branch renovations? So far, the pressure of making up that money has trickled down to us in the branch with high goals and sales expectations. I predict HNB will lose much of it's top talent to other organizations and break down completely; maybe not this year, maybe not 2 years from now, but it will definitely happen.

253 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Management by intimidation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Benefits packages and facilities are good.

Cons

Unrealistic setting of goals. Once a goal is reached it is then raised to an uttainable level.
    No encouragement for success, only criticism about failures.
    Little support coming from senior management with complete disinterest for emplyoyee input.
    Make your goals our you are "out'.

Show value and respect toward long term employees. Stop negative management practices.

Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Great company, especially in Columbus, where they're headquartered. I was able to network and really grow my position in the commercial bank industry.

Cons

No real complaints. Although, while I was working there it seemed like an inordinate amount of people left and went to JP.

A training program would probably make for better hires out of the gate. The learning curve not very steep, however, training new employees is always good policy.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank