Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com
  www.huntington.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Company culture has changed for the worse

Former Employee - Personal Banker
Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Huntington has a great benefits package and provides some opportunities for professional growth. It is a mid-sized bank so it still has some what of a community oriented mentality.

Cons

The opportunity for advancements are limited especially if you work in retail and want to advance into other areas. The company seems to hire externally versus promoting qualified employees for positions in areas like business banking, the mortgage group or the investment company. Also the performance expectations before I left were not in touch with the economic climate and were very unrealistic.

260 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Good Job. Tough Goals

Current Employee - Universal Banker
    Current Employee - Universal Banker

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Being able to work independently and with a group of peers if necessary is always a good thing when dealing with customers.

Cons

The amount of goals need to gain commission is pretty hard to achieve per month when traffic is slow, but if you are willing to put in the effort then the outcome will drive the numbers eventually.

Rule with terror. Taking away Michigan's power.

Former Employee - Treasury Management Cust Serv Specialist
    Former Employee - Treasury Management Cust Serv Specialist

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Once in, there was stability. There was always plenty to do. My region had a lot of years experience to learn from (Michigan), but most region's Treasury Management departments were fairly new and clueless. Nice benefits and PTO, but it's just a job - not someplace to vision a career of growth. I hear their Retail products are great, although they are lacking in Commercial product solutions.

Cons

- They stopped promoting from within because they wanted "outside" talent, which makes it hard to be devoted to the company.
    - They hired so many layers of management that they were completely out of touch with the customer.
    - They stopped Michigan from being able to use their expertise (when MI's customer wanted the local touch), and wanted all work flow to go to Columbus.
    - Sales goals were obscene, impossible to reach, and punishable.
    - Sadly enough, management used terror to prevent people from voicing complaints, suggestions, or comments of any kind [at the beginning of meetings they started announcing "We will not be taking comments or questions!].
    - There were so many layers of mgmt that they made it clear that if it you didn't fit it with their new rule you were easily replaceable.
    - Only want "thinkers" and no "do-ers." We had an entire product relying on the work of 1 person, so we couldn't sell that product because that person didn't have time to implement it for everyone
    - Our best talent was leaving in droves

Columbus will never hear your advice. They are making the company a vast machine that works like all other banks, instead of the personal touch "bank of the midwest." I think they are trying to make it easy to acquire by another bank.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank