There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Great bank to work for!

Current Employee - Business Direct in Holland, MI
Current Employee - Business Direct in Holland, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, vacation hours, and consistent job task. Great department to work for to gain experience of the business banking in-order to move into many other business, commercial, special assets departments within the bank.

Cons

not too flexible with schedule due to call center environment.

244 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Six of one, half dozen...

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work for a supportive manager, you will succeed. Most people there are willing to help you learn and develop your skills, and they generally want you to do well.

Cons

There are going to be people that will treat you poorly, and it will be apparent that they are unsuccessful at Huntington.

Upper management needs to hire fully qualified people to lead the company,instead of bringing on friends to fill key roles.

It has definitely been like walking on eggshells at times. Plenty of room for advancement if you're a brown noser.

Current Employee - Account Relationship Associate in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Associate in Holland, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Great PTO time. After working here for five years I received four weeks of PTO on top of the already paid holidays off. I also get a matching 401K. The insurance isn't the best but I do have it and it works. Its not horrible, just not awesome. Some departments are very relaxed while others definitely have high expectations and pressure. Overall a good place to get a "good start." I started as a teller and was able to work my way up. It takes a little bit of time but one of the few places you can start with a high school diploma and then work your way up thru experience.

Cons

Sometimes others will be offered promotions based on them being a "favorite." It is rare that it is ever really because of skill. Also, do not complain often to HR. You will be like the poster child that wants or is asking to get fired. If they know you are complaining, they will try to make you want to leave or make you resent every working day you are there. Integrity? Throw it out the window. There's none of that here.

Take a good look at the dedicated employees that follow the rules, day in day out. Start looking beyond that cleavaged filled shirt. If you're downsizing, observe for a couple weeks and you'll realize who needs to go quickly. Get rid of the slower ones, the socializers. There are people who would actually be able to do the work with just a little bit more pay. Don't pay the slackers. Luckily, with the new CEO this is probably the way he is leading us toward anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank