There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

You're taking a risk

Current Employee - Bank Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Bank Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

It's a good learning experience. The opportunity to manage a sales office topped with learning the lows and highs of the financial industry. During the time I worked, we received stock options, wich was a great asset. The trips and other bonuses were nice, especially if you met sales goals.

Cons

unrealistic sales goals, stress from upper management. THe employees worked hard to meet goals that were unreachable. You were in competition with other HNB offices within a 10 mile radius. Too many hours are spent working on sales goals and not enough time is spent on keeping employees happy.

Listen to employees

reviews filtered by
  1. Huntington is a Great company to Work for, but hard to advance your career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Huntington National bank gives you the training and the proper coaching to help you succeed in the workplace as well as professionally.

Cons

Huntington National Bank doesn't clearly recognize the importance of sales expertise and will not be able to comply with opening more availability of sales positiions which they despereately need. The company will tell you that you will be able to advance within the company, and then will tell you that it will come eventually, I know of several people that have had the chance to advance however have been in the same position due to lack of training and management advancing the positions over. In the difficult economy we live in, Huntington will be able to withstand 2009 but will not be in a strong enough position for advancement anytime soon.

TO recognize the rewards of the sales positions for those that are doing better in comparison to other offices.

2. Huntington Bank is a leader in the banking industry.

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Huntington takes very good care of its customers and its employees.

Cons

Huntington is a very strict and conservative bank.

Give more attention to the service people. They touch 10x more people than our sales people do.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank