Huntington National Bank

Huntington, Best in service and Class

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Traverse City, MI
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

The Culture provides a very positive work environment. We focus on providing simply the best service to our clients by living our associate guidelines. They are, be available, do it accurately, make it easy, and personalize the transaction. Further, we work hard to build quality relationships with clients, offering our expertise so that we can become a trusted advisor. The bank encourages creativity and provides employes the opportunity to advance in their careers. The positive work environments fosters great attitudes and an excellent work ethic. The end result is then the to notch service that our clients experience.

Cons

Recently, some local control has been eliminated.

Keep the focus on customer service, and taking care of employees.

259 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

You're taking a risk

Current Employee - Bank Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Bank Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

It's a good learning experience. The opportunity to manage a sales office topped with learning the lows and highs of the financial industry. During the time I worked, we received stock options, wich was a great asset. The trips and other bonuses were nice, especially if you met sales goals.

Cons

unrealistic sales goals, stress from upper management. THe employees worked hard to meet goals that were unreachable. You were in competition with other HNB offices within a 10 mile radius. Too many hours are spent working on sales goals and not enough time is spent on keeping employees happy.

Listen to employees

Huntington is a great place to work for the right person!

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

The corporate culture- young and progressive!
    Pay is competitive. Training is very good!

Cons

Depending on job title, the upward mobility may be limited! In order to work for the corporate office, you have to live in Columbus. There are not many corporate jobs available for those who live elsewhere in Ohio. When Huntington merged with Sky, the corporate culture changed- it wasn't for the better. Sometimes it felt like if you didn't belong to the 'boys club,' you wouldn't be able to move up into an upper management position.
    If you are not an aggressive salesperson, you will not thrive in any of the branches in any capacity!

The bottom line is meaningless when you lose sight of the 'big picture.'

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank