Huntington National Bank

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Best bank to work for

Current Employee - Personal Banker
Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent staff, competitive salaries, many opportunities for advancement. Very customer oriented. Wonderful corporate culture. Since the banking fallout of 2007-2008, Huntington has made many great decisions that directly affect customers, i.e. offering truly free checking and savings accounts, and offering 24 hour grace which have saved our customers millions in overdraft fees.

Cons

I have none, other than normal corporate grievances like occasional staffing issues. The new world of business is "do more with less". This is true in all corporations, not just Huntington, and not just banking.

Keep doing what you are doing.

260 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Meet a lot if interesting people.

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot of new things that I can take with me.

Cons

Commission structure changes too often and gets worse.

A horrible experience

Former Employee - Senior Teller
    Former Employee - Senior Teller

I worked at Huntington National Bank part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was excited to start this job at first.

Cons

High turn over rate, management isn't knowledgeable, management is generally dishonest, HR isn't of value, bullying from management etc. The day my employment began at Huntington, the team lead quit, weeks later the branch manager was let go. Shortly after, the branch was given a new team lead, personal banker and a branch manager. The team lead was a bully and would raise her voice at the employees on a regular basis. I went to the branch manager multiple times about it and how it made me very uncomfortable. She did nothing. She allowed the team lead to insult me in front of her and did nothing. I contacted HR. HR isn't on the employee's side. I was threatened for contacting HR and called into approximately 6 meetings with the branch manager and team lead after contacting HR. I was retaliated against and told that I wasn't allowed to call HR. Ultimately, I quit because of the bullying. HR stopped returning my calls after I started getting called into "meetings". I tried to call the HR rep about a dozen times during my last week of employment to no avail. Huntington does not care about it's employees and the customers are well aware of that. All throughout my employment the customers would always say 'Where's the girl that used to be here? This bank always loses employees. They last about 3 or 4 months and they leave. You'll find out why soon enough."

Hire managers that know what they are doing. When an employee contacts HR, take it seriously. Don't conveniently "forget" to call them for a week when the employee has called you numerous times. If they are calling you, there's a good reason. Certain branches have a high turnover rate because management doesn't know how to treat people.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank