Pressure cooker

Current Employee - Retail
Current Employee - Retail

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products to sell, good marketing support, great re-branding of company image including branches. Great sales culture and focus on customers.

Cons

Under extreme expense pressures and cuts being made to front line sales while the "backroom" grows significantly. IT issues are significant and difficult to get the job done

Other Reviews for Huntington National Bank

Assistant Branch Manager

Former Employee - Manager  in  Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for Growth with in Retail banking, Simple products to sell.

Cons

Retail Hours long, not enough staff. turn around is horrible with staffing. Systems are old and need much updating.

n/a

I worked at Huntington Bank for 2 years as a Director of IT within the Commercial area and left to go back to Chase.

Former Employee - Director of IT  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Director of IT in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location at Easton is very accessible - pay was good, but expect to work 60 hours/week if you are in IT.

Cons

Similar to what many others have said, Huntington has bred a culture of dishonesty, backstabbing and at times even unethical behavior by its managers (I personally have seen this with mid-level and senior level management). As a whole, management is untrained in leadership philosophy and practices and learns from its peers who lack integrity and are untrained as well. With all this being said, there are some GREAT managers at Huntington but unfortunately the bad is outweighing the good.

Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

Advice to Senior Management – Some of the managers are great and some are the worst that I have ever worked for in my career. They may 'get the job done' by only be degrading their staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank.

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!