Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com

Not the job you think it will be. Read the real reviews (the 3 stars or less ones) and be cautious.

ProsMost of the staff (read: fellow grunts in the trenches) are good folks. Management can be iffy.

ConsHigher up couldn't care less about you unless you are a selling machine, and even if you are then you'll just get an "atta boy/girl" and told you need to sell some other meaningless product.

Good bank to belong to as a customer, awful to actually work for. Unless you like feeling like a cog, and being grossly underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your staff that you see them more than just a sales number on a spreadsheet. Constantly bombing them about how they should sell more credit cards, and call customers to "upsell" them on more accounts is not the best strategy for keeping them around for the long haul, or making them want to stay - hence the insane turnover rate.

Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

In the beginning I loved it, but now I wish I'd never come

Escrow Process Administrative (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible work schedules, the work was easy although I am… Cons: HR is not helpful, there is no room for advancement. Advice to Senior Management: I just wish that they were a little more caring and helpful. HR is supposed to be helpful and anonymous, but they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Average Employee Culture

Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strength in the local community Cons: Policy within the orgazination for employment as a Mortgage Oringinator More
There are newer reviews on Huntington National Bank.

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!