There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Unfortunately the reviews are true...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank (More than 10 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved working with my peers; there are so many smart, resourceful and good people that work at Huntington. I have worked with Huntington through 3 leadership changes and have seen the very good to the very bad. Ultimately I'm embarassed that the leadership has let the perception of the company get to this point. This perception does a disservice to the talented workforce that is still there.

Cons

Similar to what many others have said, Huntington has bred a culture of dishonesty, backstabbing and at times even unethical behavior by its managers (I personally have seen this with mid-level and senior level management). As a whole, management is untrained in leadership philosophy and practices and learns from its peers who lack integrity and are untrained as well. With all this being said, there are some GREAT managers at Huntington but unfortunately the bad is outweighing the good.

Advice to Management

Like someone else said - you know what you need to do. Until this type of feedback is taken seriously and management truly wants to change the culture from within, it will not happen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not the job you think it will be. Read the real reviews (the 3 stars or less ones) and be cautious.

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Most of the staff (read: fellow grunts in the trenches) are good folks. Management can be iffy.

Cons

Higher up couldn't care less about you unless you are a selling machine, and even if you are then you'll just get an "atta boy/girl" and told you need to sell some other meaningless product. Good bank to belong to as a customer, awful to actually work for. Unless you like feeling like a cog, and being grossly underpaid.

Advice to Management

Show your staff that you see them more than just a sales number on a spreadsheet. Constantly bombing them about how they should sell more credit cards, and call customers to "upsell" them on more accounts is not the best strategy for keeping them around for the long haul, or making them want to stay - hence the insane turnover rate. Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

2. Business Banking Specialist

Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Troy, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The colleagues were great and the environment was very professional.

Cons

I don't have any cons to mention I loved working for Huntington.

Advice to Management

No advice to forward to management.