Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Unfortunately the reviews are true...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank (more than 10 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved working with my peers; there are so many smart, resourceful and good people that work at Huntington. I have worked with Huntington through 3 leadership changes and have seen the very good to the very bad. Ultimately I'm embarassed that the leadership has let the perception of the company get to this point. This perception does a disservice to the talented workforce that is still there.

Cons

Similar to what many others have said, Huntington has bred a culture of dishonesty, backstabbing and at times even unethical behavior by its managers (I personally have seen this with mid-level and senior level management). As a whole, management is untrained in leadership philosophy and practices and learns from its peers who lack integrity and are untrained as well. With all this being said, there are some GREAT managers at Huntington but unfortunately the bad is outweighing the good.

Like someone else said - you know what you need to do. Until this type of feedback is taken seriously and management truly wants to change the culture from within, it will not happen.

272 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

I worked at Huntington Bank for 2 years as a Director of IT within the Commercial area and left to go back to Chase.

Former Employee - Director of IT in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Director of IT in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Location at Easton is very accessible - pay was good, but expect to work 60 hours/week if you are in IT.

Cons

Most of the people in power have very little knowledge in terms of how to properly motivate people. It starts with making your staff feel valued. Some serious training in this regard is needed. If the company doesn't care about the employee why should the employee care about the job?

Advice to Senior Management – Some of the managers are great and some are the worst that I have ever worked for in my career. They may 'get the job done' by only be degrading their staff.

Not the job you think it will be. Read the real reviews (the 3 stars or less ones) and be cautious.

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Most of the staff (read: fellow grunts in the trenches) are good folks. Management can be iffy.

Cons

Higher up couldn't care less about you unless you are a selling machine, and even if you are then you'll just get an "atta boy/girl" and told you need to sell some other meaningless product.

Good bank to belong to as a customer, awful to actually work for. Unless you like feeling like a cog, and being grossly underpaid.

Show your staff that you see them more than just a sales number on a spreadsheet. Constantly bombing them about how they should sell more credit cards, and call customers to "upsell" them on more accounts is not the best strategy for keeping them around for the long haul, or making them want to stay - hence the insane turnover rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank