Huntington National Bank

www.huntington.com
  www.huntington.com
There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Led with a culture of fear, but good benefit packages, might be a solid stepping stone for some

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Solid benefits package, i had a good bit of personal freedom in my work, time off exceptional, most of the general perks of working for a large Company exist here. Some managers do a good job considering the culture of fear. seems branding is improving.

Cons

always worried about your job from one day to the next, constant layoffs and new hires-then cycle repeats, some very senior managers are really nasty individuals, merger with Sky Bank was rugged.

Overall, this organization eventually needs to find its team and stick with it. We had gone through 3 firing cycles from 2008-2010. I was not personally terminated, but you always had to worry no matter your performance. Many long-term solid employees were constantly concerned about their status from one day to the next. As a very high level senior manager told me once in confidence, "There are really only a handful of people here that are not worrying about being canned." I think that holds true across the board.

259 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

poor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

the customers are a o k

Cons

DM's not worthly to manage

provide direction

Huntington Retail view

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Huntington has it benefits. Management does show interest in employees for family and well being. Decent salary base. Light on commision structure in retail banking.

Cons

2 biggest con's to Huntington as far as retail goes. Base pay structure based on likability, not merit. Definatly low balls new hires. Also the assistance by management and HR for employee movement and advancement is little to none. They care, but don't really seem to know how to go about helping an employee advance their career.

If Huntington wants salespeople in the roles of bankers then payment needs to be there as well. A little more focus on employee retention would definatly go a long way in the direction that Huntington is trying to take.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank