Huntington National Bank
www.huntington.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Led with a culture of fear, but good benefit packages, might be a solid stepping stone for some

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Youngstown, OH

ProsSolid benefits package, i had a good bit of personal freedom in my work, time off exceptional, most of the general perks of working for a large Company exist here. Some managers do a good job considering the culture of fear. seems branding is improving.

Consalways worried about your job from one day to the next, constant layoffs and new hires-then cycle repeats, some very senior managers are really nasty individuals, merger with Sky Bank was rugged.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, this organization eventually needs to find its team and stick with it. We had gone through 3 firing cycles from 2008-2010. I was not personally terminated, but you always had to worry no matter your performance. Many long-term solid employees were constantly concerned about their status from one day to the next. As a very high level senior manager told me once in confidence, "There are really only a handful of people here that are not worrying about being canned." I think that holds true across the board.

poor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros: the customers are a o k Cons: DM's not worthly to manage Advice to Senior Management: provide direction No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Huntington Retail view

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros: Huntington has it benefits. Management does show interest in employees for family and… Cons: 2 biggest con's to Huntington as far as retail goes. Base pay structure based on likability, not merit. Definatly low balls new hires. … Advice to Senior Management: If Huntington wants salespeople in the roles of bankers then payment needs to be there as well. A… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Huntington National Bank.

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huntington National Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huntington National Bank CEO Steve Steinour. All reviews posted anonymously by Huntington National Bank employees.