There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Led with a culture of fear, but good benefit packages, might be a solid stepping stone for some

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Youngstown, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Solid benefits package, i had a good bit of personal freedom in my work, time off exceptional, most of the general perks of working for a large Company exist here. Some managers do a good job considering the culture of fear. seems branding is improving.

Cons

always worried about your job from one day to the next, constant layoffs and new hires-then cycle repeats, some very senior managers are really nasty individuals, merger with Sky Bank was rugged.

Overall, this organization eventually needs to find its team and stick with it. We had gone through 3 firing cycles from 2008-2010. I was not personally terminated, but you always had to worry no matter your performance. Many long-term solid employees were constantly concerned about their status from one day to the next. As a very high level senior manager told me once in confidence, "There are really only a handful of people here that are not worrying about being canned." I think that holds true across the board.

228 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Huntington Retail view

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Huntington has it benefits. Management does show interest in employees for family and well being. Decent salary base. Light on commision structure in retail banking.

Cons

2 biggest con's to Huntington as far as retail goes. Base pay structure based on likability, not merit. Definatly low balls new hires. Also the assistance by management and HR for employee movement and advancement is little to none. They care, but don't really seem to know how to go about helping an employee advance their career.

If Huntington wants salespeople in the roles of bankers then payment needs to be there as well. A little more focus on employee retention would definatly go a long way in the direction that Huntington is trying to take.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

The Pay and Benefits were good and the location to work were convenient. I enjoyed the co-workers that I work with.

Cons

Culture has changed drastically in the past year. Senior Management is all about the bottom line and don't care who they step on to get there. Many employees hate their jobs. Employee satisfaction very low at ALL levels.

Quit being about the bottom line. The drive to save and make money in the short term will work but will drive off top performers and be a hindrance to the growth long-term.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!