There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Chase the cheese

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Ferndale, MI
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Ferndale, MI

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Great Benefits and professional environment. People willing to help and support for problem resolution for customers was strong.

Cons

Manager has complete control of your production. Unrealistic expectations for lending in the entire state of Michigan. No chain of command to control branch managers, employees can be be mistreated and do nothing.

Management never gave me a response or even a chance to respond to false numbers and left of production numbers. If the manager meets there numbers they will not be questions, Get some stones and find out the truth. No chain of command to control branch managers, employees can be be mistreated and do nothing.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Huntington National Bank (View Most Recent)

Not good micromanaged

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Benefits people location thats all

Cons

Managment no room fpr growth only want more dont appreciate what you give backstabbers lies

Led with a culture of fear, but good benefit packages, might be a solid stepping stone for some

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank

Pros

Solid benefits package, i had a good bit of personal freedom in my work, time off exceptional, most of the general perks of working for a large Company exist here. Some managers do a good job considering the culture of fear. seems branding is improving.

Cons

always worried about your job from one day to the next, constant layoffs and new hires-then cycle repeats, some very senior managers are really nasty individuals, merger with Sky Bank was rugged.

Overall, this organization eventually needs to find its team and stick with it. We had gone through 3 firing cycles from 2008-2010. I was not personally terminated, but you always had to worry no matter your performance. Many long-term solid employees were constantly concerned about their status from one day to the next. As a very high level senior manager told me once in confidence, "There are really only a handful of people here that are not worrying about being canned." I think that holds true across the board.

There are newer employer reviews for Huntington National Bank

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!